Baby Showers!

iVillage Member
Baby Showers!
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 2:22pm

Who's getting one and when are you having it?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-10-2011 - 3:21pm
ashantibeauty wrote:
I really like that bcos every baby is precious and really should be celebrated

Exactly :) every baby should be celebrated in some way. Plus I think about how JJ, Nate and Addie would feel looking at their baby books and not seeing any shower pictures just because they were not the first born. My whole family thinks the same way. Plus ;) lol we just love any reason for us all to get together and have a great time and what better way than to celebrate a brand new little life and member of the family.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 5:56pm
Omg they are INSANE. lol
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 2:55pm
@ jess Lol ur family sounds like mines
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 2:47pm
I think it's great you're having one! Age gap and different gender is an excellent reason. A friend of mine doesnt want one because this is her 4th, and all the kids are close in age... But the previous 3 are boys! I think she should have one even with the close ages because the little girl will need all new things. I didn't want one either, because my family is nuts to the point I had to cancel my bridal shower... But my cousin's fiancee is throwing me one on 10/9, and has flat out not invited anyone who could even possibly cause trouble! lol She's also threatened to bounce anyone who shows up uninvited. I love her. I already call her my cousin. :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 12:29pm

My mom is throwing me one October 15th! This is our first baby so I'm super grateful to have one. We have very little and I could use all the help I can get!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 9:39am
I agree that every child should be celebrated; however, I'm still iffy about a present based party for additional kids. In the past 6 years, we've given all of Olivia's stuff to families in need. I was fine with not getting a shower for this baby but lucky because so many people have given me the stuff they no longer needed. I was actually planning to host a Valentine's party for his official debut since the holidays are so busy. I've wanted to have VD (lol!) for a while so this was a good excuse. I am really excited to see a few friends I haven't seen in a while and to get our kids together. I just hope I remember to take my camera!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 9:28am
My first baby shower I threw myself because no one else stepped up to do it. I'll probably be the one to throw this shower, too. When this baby is born, it will have only been 26 months since my DS was born, but I'm going to throw another shower anyway (and we're having the same gender). It was a fun party and a good reason to get people together to celebrate something. We don't really need anything (just bought the crib and car seat this past weekend) except clothes (sold all the small stuff at a yard sale just before I got pg). I know that "Ms. Manners" would probably say since we're having the same gender and it's only two years apart that we shouldn't have another shower, but dang it, I want one, so I'm gonna have one! Like i said, it is a good excuse to have friends and family get together to celebrate.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 9:09am
I really like that bcos every baby is precious and really should be celebrated
KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 11:40pm

I'm having one. I have had one with every one of my kids. In our family every baby is celebrated. :) Ours will be in Oct.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 10:30pm
Yep, this is my second boy but it's been 8 years and I don't have anything! LOL

They will be throwing me a shower at work in mid-November and I'm sure my mom will arrange something with my cousins for family in probably early Nov.
Photobucket

Pages