Anyone have their baby shower yet?
What was the theme?
Did you get mainly what you needed?
Share some photos

My baby shower is Oct 23rd, I can't wait!! I want cake lol

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 11:05am
Had mine the 9th! :) A bit early, but I wanted to really get to be up and talking to everyone, not just sitting. Glad I did that because I was up the whole time and man was I sore and tired! It was Halloween themed, as I love Halloween, so there were pumpkins for centerpieces and squishy fake rats and spiders next to the typical safety pin, rattle, and baby carriage decorations! My shower cake was adorable. Bright orange and blue, with a mom, dad and baby ghost piped onto it. :) Unfortunately I'm still missing a lot, as my shower was small- a dozen people- but every little bit helped!!! Well.. I shouldn't say missing a LOT ad realistically all the kid needs is clothes and diapers and my boob for a decent amount of time... But we're trying to make sure to have other things for later stages (walker, high chair etc) ahead of time so it's not such a big cost once we're already having to spend additional $ on diapers etc. Still waiting on shower photos- the couple that shot our wedding is trying to expand their portfolio so the wife half shot the shower... I cannot wait for the pics!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 11:12am
What I did was for the big priced items I know random people won't buy, I kinda assigned those items to close family members lol. The stroller car seat my grandmother got a week ago, the bassinet my sister got, the god father is getting the swing tomorrow and DH friend got the pack in play.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 11:24am
We did something similar, but we have itty bitty families. lol We got stroller/carseat combo, fancy monitor, pack n play and furniture covered through family, which was nice.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 12:26pm
I think I had the 1st shower since it was last month. It was a safari theme. We didn't need much because of all the hand me downs we've been given. I think we mostly got diapers, towels/wash cloths and clothes. My inlaws just offered to buy the travel system which was going to be my only big expense. Now, I'm just left with a mattress. Yay! I can't share photos because they are all on my camera which is MIA.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 12:39pm
I'll be having a joint shower at work tomorrow (another girl in my office is one week ahead of me) and then my family shower is on the 6th.

I registered for quite a bit in a good range of high and low. I already have tons of newborn to six month clothes as I have a 3 month old nephew and 3 second cousins that are 6 months old and the clothes are being handed down to me. Relatives have already given me their "old" highchair, 2 strollers, infant car seat (which is actually only 6 mo old), and I'll be getting handed down a bouncy seat & entertainment center later.

I'm guessing that I'll get some little things and new clothes and blankies from the work shower tomorrow. I'm hoping that some of the larger items will get picked up by my closer family members or perhaps a gift card to purchase some of the larger items. I actually don't expect my mom to purchase anything. She's not big on gift giving (I didn't receive a gift from my first son or a wedding present) but she's the caregiver for this baby so that's no big deal LOL. I would expect my MIL to purchase one of the larger gifts, maybe the crib or the rocking chair :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 1:55pm

Mine is this Saturday! I am so excited. I'll be taking the 6 hr trip home to Orlando, which is a tiny bit nerve wrecking for me. I'm terrified *knock on wood* I'll go into labor. I highly doubt it, but I'm just a bit paranoid. I know for a fact the carseat/stroller has been purchased, but I'm not sure about everything else. I think when people were RSVPing to my mom suggested small or gift cards so we won't have to rent a Uhaul for the trip back to GA. Even if we don't get everything we need my sibilings have kids so I will definitely have hand me downs, I'll be covered.

As far as a theme goes, I have no idea. All of the planning is going on in Orlando. My family isn't too big on themes so I think there will just be a bunch of pink everywhere. I can't wait!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 4:06pm

November 12th here :) Can't wait.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 4:21pm
The nice people at my work are giving me a small shower tomorrow. Then my family is throwing me one November 5.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 6:24pm

I had my family baby shower last Saturday! It was more like a family get together, which is awesome. The got the "Taco Man" to cater and everyone was welcome. I have a large family and lots of people showed up. I live out of state so it was awesome to see everyone! We got a wide variety of things, got the boppy, swing, two bouncer chairs, lots of clothes,

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 7:27pm

November 12 at 2pm! I am so excited!

Pages