baby stuff and nursery themes

iVillage Member
baby stuff and nursery themes
Sat, 05-07-2011 - 8:39pm

I know I have been looking at baby stuff already making a list of stuff I would like to have and stuff I need to have. As for nursery themes I have been thinking about those a lot (went through the baby section at walmart today could not help myself).

For my oldest son Alejandro (Alex) we had a snoopy theme

For my middler Marcello (Marc) we went with mickey mouse

My third child Benicio (Ben) we went with Elmo

For this baby I have no idea what to do if it is another boy. Now if it is a girl I want to do light pink and purple flowers and butterflys so that later I can add a princess theme to it.

Jessie

edd 12/22

Alex 10/17/2001

Marc 9/19/2004

Ben 12/2/2006

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-07-2011 - 9:14pm

We have been TTC since Sept 09', conceived twice but lost both babies due to me having hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) and not knowing it, so we have had plenty of time to do LOTS of shopping. We have all the furniture, the car seat (still need the stroller, were getting the Britax B-Ready. We have the britax chaperone car seat). We have pretty much everything, including the bedding. :) We went with the Wendy Bellissimo Honey Bee nursery collection. It is very gender neutral and we absolutely LOVE it. If its a girl we will do more girly things with it, like very light yellow on the walls and things like that, if its a boy we will make it more boyish. Here is a link if you would like to see.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 2:07am

We don't really have the space to do a nursery, but I try to go for a safari theme with the baby stuff.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 6:12am
We did sesame street with DS. For DD it was a beige quilted set because we didn't find out her gender. Fortunately I kept her bedding. I just bought a new dust ruffle and off white bumpers because the old set was beat. LOL! I gave all my other gear away so this time I need to get some. I'm after quality more than prints and will be scouring garage sales to get some of what I need.
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 6:36am

We are doing the nursery all in monkeys...I love the green and brown monkeys set at babies r us.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 8:16am
I'm not sure what the nursery will be because were not finding out the gender..I love pink girly stuff so I don't think I will buy anything big until the baby is born.... no fun for me, blame this one on dh. I don't even know if I will be able to enjoy shopping until after the baby come and we find out the gender.
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 8:54am

I have been thinking about this a little bit, but won't buy anything until we find out the gender.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 12:54pm

We are moving my daughter into a different room and reusing the nursery.