Braxton Hicks or Reg contractions.. Warning

iVillage Member
Braxton Hicks or Reg contractions.. Warning
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 9:27pm
I know were moving to that final stage and Braxton Hicks are very common. I also don't want anyone to become comfy with just thinking they are braxron hicks. If your feeling something your not sure of and it keeps crossing ur mind, don't wait! Just go get checked out to be sure. This is for the first timers and those with several little ones. I wasn't under any stress or did anything different. I was having back pains on the left upper side that moved lower, my stomach was tighting and I had several cramps every time I felt the tighting. I also felt what I call twitching down below. All maybe known as reg prego signs, but if it has to be stopped with a shot to the arm... then its not regular..

I've read different post about back pain, twitching down below and braxton hicks. I feel much better writing this just to let everyone know that its always better to get checked out. Even if this is something you may know already! I thought I knew because I've had a baby before, but something just didn't feel right

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 11:49am
Thank you for this post. I've been struggling with this discomfort and spent the weekend on the sofa, feet up, trying not to extend myself. I was starting to get worried on Friday afternoon, but went home from work early that day, drank a lot of water and took a nap. I did very little on Saturday and spent the entire day at home yesterday (watching football!) and today am feeling better. I think I was finally able to get through to my DH that he needs to step it up and help me more because it's going to be much better if baby stays put.
I'm definitely keeping what happened to you in the forefront and if I have these issues again to the extent that they were on Friday, I'll take that trip to L&D.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 12:01pm
Good good, get ur rest!! We all have to hold off. When is ur edd? That's good if water and resting worked for you. The doctors tried that with me but it didn't work.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 12:57pm
I'm due Dec 6th, so I have just over 11 weeks still to go.

Of course I have to be at work 40 hours a week but my boss is very helpful and asks me every day how I'm feeling and encourages me to go home if I'm having issues. I do have the ability to work from home but I only have a PC, not a laptop so I can't really do work in bed (that would be nice!). She did say if it comes to that and I'm given bedrest, they will figure something out and get me a laptop for home ;) I'd rather not have to go that route but I'll try and get my rest when I can.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 1:05pm
good reminder. We have to trust our instincts and get plenty of rest.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 1:23pm
I'm due dec 8 but he's measuring a week early. its weird because I already feel 9 months pregnant, I can't imagine how I will feel with the rest of these months. The crazy thing is, I feel like I have been taking it easy latley. Guess I gotta be a little more easy then.
Community Leader
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 1:18am

I second this, completely!

Regular labour can be completely different that what 'they' say it should feel like.