Breastfeeding mommies who'll also have to use a bottle

iVillage Member
Breastfeeding mommies who'll also have to use a bottle
Sat, 07-16-2011 - 11:33pm

What bottle will you use? I didn't have to use one for my daughter. For my son I used the Playtex nurser with drop ins which were fine, but I only have like three and I rotated and washed them each day for school. I'm not sure if I'm just going to get a few more this time around or if I'm going to try something different. I liked the Playtex I'm just not sure, they're so many neat ones out there. What has worked for you? Pros/Cons and any new ones your excited about? I saw some by Nuby flexible nursers that were neat on diapers.com.

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member

We will not have to use a bottle but I'm sure we will since I will pump to build a good freezer stash and so DH can also feed her. As of right now we are just going with the Medela bottles that go with our pump. I really like the nipple on them. If for some reason Addie doesn't like them we will then go to tommee tippee which are supposed to be really close to the breast. If she doesn't like either of those well I dunno, we will probably then start trying different ones till we find the ones that she likes. I however don't see needing to even go past the Medela bottles because my kids have never been really picky about bottle nipples. The ones we will definitely avoid are Avent, this is one that we tried with Makenzie and she HATED it. She couldn't get latched onto it right and just got frustrated with it. The nipple seems so stiff. That was 10 years ago so they could be different now but I wouldn't know as I refuse to even give them a chance again lol. Also we will avoid the Dr browns bottles. We LOVED them with Nate until they started leaking all the time. We finally had to use them with out the inner parts, the parts that are supposed to reduce the air. We found out that was what was making them leak. Such a mess.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
We used doc browns which I liked fine and then switched to playtex dropins with Nat. I think the dropins are just as good at getting all the air out without the hassle of the extra parts. I'm guessing we will use the drop ins again unless for some reason baby doesn't like them.
iVillage Member

I used the Medela ones too.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

We used the born free ones with DS and they were great. Simple parts,and though they are a little pricey they grow all the way to a sippy cup. 3 stages of nipples plus the a couple levels of rubber sippy cup nipples too.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
We'll use playtex drop in nurser and Nuk bottles. I just bought some the other day, green for now.