BTDT moms with more than one already...how was your second delivery?

iVillage Member
BTDT moms with more than one already...how was your second delivery?
Fri, 07-15-2011 - 12:10pm

I just had a friend that woke in the night in labor and had her second child 12minutes after she got to the hospital! Talk about making it just in time! Any of you moms with more than one have a super fast delivery like that? What's your experience?

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Great question Laura! I've heard the same thing numerous times and i HOPE HOPE HOPE it is true for me. I would love for this labour to go quick and easy. Last labour was only 10 hours (short compared to those 36 hour nightmares you hear about), but it was 5 hours of pushing. NOT fun. Hopefully Evan paved the way (so to speak) for this one to enter into the world quickly!!! :)

iVillage Member

Makenzie was a 17 1/2 hour labor, JJ was 4 hours and I got to the hospital with I dunno an hour and a half to spare and then Nate was also about a 4 hour labor. I have to be careful with this one because I'm sure being its #4 its going to go fast, and once I hit 5 CMs I will complete with in 5-10mins. My mom is the same way, with both boys I was walking around at 3CMs for a good 2 weeks. So I know it will be very easy for me to hang out and 4 and then just go to complete with out any problems, and I worry I wouldn't get to the hospital in time. So yeah, after the first they do tend to go faster. I think really it depends on the person more than anything. :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I've only got the one out in the world so far, but have heard that the second labor/delivery is *usually* quicker than the first. I can't really complain about my first one, as from the beginning of contractions to him coming out it was only 9.5 hours with only 28 minutes of pushing! I do hope that this one gives me enough time to get to the hospital, though, cause it is about 45-60 minutes away, lol. Plus, unless it comes on a weekend, I've got to wait for my mom to get here from about an hour to an hour and a half away to take me (DH doesn't drive and I'm not sure it would be such a good idea to drive while in labor, lol).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
LOL "paved the way..."
iVillage Member
Travis came 4 hours after my water broke alaina came 1 hour after
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member

Not for me at least. I'd say mine went very well, but not that fast! My first was appx. 15 hours from very first contraction to birth. It went well

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Lol...paved the way robbi! So it sounds like faster it is... My first wasn't too bad either...I labored about 15hours but only pushed 20 minutes. So we'll see! Thanks for chiming in ladies!
Photobucket