BTDT: Pregnancy seem harder when you already have kids?

iVillage Member
BTDT: Pregnancy seem harder when you already have kids?
Sat, 05-28-2011 - 10:17am

I have my 3yr old DD. Shes super easy going, and I rarely have to battle her for anything. but it seems like I am EXHAUSTED to the extreme this time around. I also feel like I am almost forgetting that I am pregnant sometimes. I am soooo busy most of the time, which wasn't the case when I was preg with DD. Anyone in the same boat?

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I don't know if I would say harder, but I definitely don't have as much tolerance/patience this time around.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I think the more kids you have the harder it gets. When pregnant with dd all I had to worry about was myself. I got pregnant with ds when she was only 13 months so I was constantly chasing after her and didn't have time to think or worry about anything else. Now that the kids are 6 and 4 it is kind of easier because they can understand that mommy isn't feeling well, but at the same time it is a lot harder because there is so much to do and they take a lot of energy.

Photobucket

Community Leader

No question!

iVillage Member

Pregnancy does seem harder with more kids if it is only you and dh there is no one else to really take care of. My boys are 9, 6, and 4 and I think this time I have a very short fuse. Just last night I yelled at my nine year old for accidently peeing on my 4

iVillage Member

Heck yeah, it's harder - oh my goodness!!! I have ZERO energy in the evenings after work for my 2 year old. My "morning sickness" tends to be mostly in the evenings which is horrible. I just want to go to bed as soon as I get home from work.. It's been terrible being pregnant and having a toddler to look after. Last time, it was so much easier with no toddler, I could just rest/relax every evening. Ah how I miss that!

iVillage Member

Oh yes. Mine are 2 years 7 months and 4 years 3 months. My older child, my daughter has always been my laid back kiddo, so she is fairly "easy." My son is a DIFFERENT child. Very loving but very

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
So much harder for me this time. When I was pregnant with DD, my DS still napped so I got to nap with him when I was tired. The downside was he quickly learned to lay flat on the floor when he was in trouble because I couldnt reach him lol. This time around I can't nap because DS no longer naps. I'm always tired these days. It also doesn't help that dh and I are seperated so I don't have as much help with this one.
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member

For me, I think it is a combination of dealing with kids and being a bit older :)

I was 24 and 28 during my last pregnancies so 37 is a tad bit older.

Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers