can we discuss the first birthday?

iVillage Member
can we discuss the first birthday?
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 10:08am
Our first birthdays are fast approaching... unbelievable that Jaxon will be one in a month and a half :/ wow.

What are you planning for the 1st birthday? I know I want to do a party but I'm not sure how big yet, I mean, let's be real, he's only going to be 1. I wouldn't expect stuff for kids, right? I'm thinking I'll invite grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and my grandma and 1 aunt who helps watch him and my cousin and her kid who is 3 weeks older. But I have a big family, I shouldn't be expected to invite them all and do a big ole thing, right? I'm thinking finger foods, cake, and ice cream and that should be good. I hope.

What, if anything, are the rest of you planning? What about a theme? Of course I'm doing something with rainbows since Jaxon is my rainbow baby, but I would like to incorporate Mickey Mouse since he LOVES Mickey! What are the rest of you doing?

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 2:10pm
Yep, planning a party for sure!! I live for party planning LOL My poor husband, he does NOT enjoy it. I mean, he likes it when he's there but I know he's mentally calculating how much I spent!

We are doing an It's a Small World theme. We have a good sized family and we live in an apt so my mom has offered to have it at her house. She has a nice sized yard but we can move inside if it rains. I've tried to plan b-day parties for my oldest that time of year and it ALWAYS rains so we will have our fingers crossed for perfect weather!
We'll do a lunch, cake and other treats. I have promised my DH not to go overboard on the spending so I won't be having fancy goody bags or anything, I'll be keeping it pretty simple. Look at Pinterest, that place is a wonderful wealth of party ideas :smileyhappy: You can find so many cute things on Etsy too.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 6:50pm

We are going to have a big party at our house with family and friends.  We are actually moving into a new house this Wednesday, so I am hoping that by her birthday (12/19) we will have it all fixed up and it can also be a "welcome to our new house" party.  I keep changing themes, but I think I'm going to go with a Minnie Mouse one since she loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with DS.  I'm actually thinking about doing a "Ali Claire's Bowtique" (instead of Minnie Mouse's Bowtique) and decorating with lots of different colored bows.  I thought I would get hair bows for the little girls and bowties for the little boys.  I'm looking for a dress now, and figure she can use it again when we go to Disney right after New Years.  I love party planning so I can't wait!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:21pm

I will just invite what I call the "usuals." Family that always comes to holidays/get togethers. There are other family but they do not usually attend the bdays and such. It'll just be family. We will prob have some sort of food and cake and presents. Nothing more. I haven't thought to much about it bc 1. I don't want to think about her being ONE already and 2. My son's bday is in just about 3 weeks so I'm working on his. Sigh...I'm just fighting the "she's growing way to fast emotions" But there is no wrong or right way to do it. Do what works for your family and just enjoy it. I say simple is best! Doesn't mean it can't be cute just don't put to much on your shoulders to where you are unable to relax and take it all in.

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 11:51am
Nope...not gonna think about it! Our babies can't be turning 1 already. It is impossible. Plus, I have to get through my almost 3 year old's birthday in a week and half first, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 1:57am

No way!  I'm in denial, like Gina.  :smileyhappy:

We had a big party for Monkey when he turned one, with about thirty people there.  With Monster it was much smaller, just our immediate family and my uncles.  We'll probably just do immediate family again for Mayhem.  That was much less stressful.  I didn't really do a theme for either one, although I made safari inviations for Monkey and had a train on Monster's cake.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:22pm
We are doing Mickey Mouse Club House theme. I have slowly been picking things up. Were having it in NY since pretty much all my family is up there. I have these cute ears Im gonna get stuff for people to decorate.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009