Delivery room visitors during labor?

iVillage Member
Delivery room visitors during labor?
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 12:36pm
I know this already has been covered, but just wondering... As things get closer, has everyone decided on who will be in the delivery room during labor?
I will be kicking everyone but hubby out during the hard pushing phase, and probably will only allow MY parents in during the beginning stages, if they are even here in time- both sets of parents are out of state. Hubby's parents aren't even sure they'll come out immediately since I informed them they won't be in the delivery room (they're mad at me for it)... Not my problem! Lol
Anyone else made the "final" decision? How did everyone take it? I know my parents were a bit upset at not being in for the pushing phase, but they at least respect the decision and got over it.

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 12:02pm
Seems like lots of moms and husbands! :) IF my parents are there my mom AND dad will be backup if hubby freaks for some odd reason, which I highly doubt. If my hubby were to pass out or fall asleep I'd be so surprised I'd really actually be concerned about him instead of mad lol.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 12:45pm

When I had my son, my husband really had no idea what to do. lol.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 1:56pm

My dh has been the only one in there when it was actually time for delivery. Last time it "could" have been my mil bc she was actually at the hospital working in a different ward and

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 7:00pm

Just my husband. My mom was there for my first because DH was not, but it was just DH for the second and it will stay that way. My mom or sister would be there if there was an emergency and the baby comes early while DH is out of town. I would never ever ever ever allow my MIL or FIL in the delivery room - absolutely not! It would completely stress me out and to be honest, it's completely inappropriate for them to even suggest that they should be there. For the pushing part, you definitely want it to just be you and your hubby and make sure you guys get time to hold and bond with your baby before they let any visitors in. I had words with the L&D nurse last time over this - they notified my mother, sister, and daughter as soon as the baby was born, so they swooped in and grabbed her before we could even hold our own child :(

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 12:13pm
We want to be sure we get time with the little guy by ourselves... That's a huge part of why I am kicking everyone out. Well that's the reason for my parents, not the reason the in laws are banned. They just plain suck and stress me out; I'd labor completely alone before letting either of them in! lol
Community Leader
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 1:58am
I didn't have anyone steal my child (other than the staff, but that's their job) but with DS1, my mum couldn't keep her mouth shut and squealed "It's a boy!" so loudly that my dad, brother, FIL and BIL could hear her way down in the waiting room, and I hadn't even had a chance to look yet. That was disappointing. :(

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 9:47am

I have always only had dear husband in there, but this time I plan on having, DH, bestfriend and my Auntie,

KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG

Pages