Did/will dh room in at the hospital?

iVillage Member
Did/will dh room in at the hospital?
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 8:55pm

Does your dh stay in the hospital with you post-birth?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 9:01pm
With DS he dud it was our first child and I wanted him with me. With DD he went home to be with DS:) same thing this time plus we are seperated
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 9:36pm
My DH stayed with me when our DS was born. The hospital I delivered at actually has a Murphy bed in each room (all are private rooms!) for someone to stay with you. However, it did not go so well....DH was kind of whiney and complained about a lot of stuff (mainly that he was hurting...he has back and neck issues). Plus, he snores...so he kept me awake more than the baby did! I actually wound up putting a couple of blankets over his head so I could sleep! (Don't worry, they were the kind that have the holes all through them...but they helped to muffle his log sawing.)
This time, I have already asked him to please come home instead of staying with me. First off, because we have our son and I don't want him to be without both of us for 2 nights. Secondly, I don't want to have to put up with DH's snoring and complaining again. And yes, I told him both reasons of why I want him to come home at night, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 10:42pm

DH stayed with me when our son was born.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 10:47pm
It depends, I'm sure he will the first night but I won't be there too long anyway...hopefully... now we have a five year old and a dog so we can't stay away too long
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 11:25pm

DH stayed with me with our DS because we were home (as in our home state) and had family that took the older 2 until we came home. This time, I'm not so sure since we are not home and I don't trust leaving my kids with anyone here. I'm hoping my mom or dad will be here in time so he can stay with me. We might possibly be home in time but not sure. So its kind of all up in the air, I would love it if he could stay with me though.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 12:11am
The hospital I deliver at has strict visiting hours and that even includes for the dads. The only time the dad is allowed to stay in the room beyond visiting hours is if the mom gave birth at weird hours and he is helping to get her settled. The hospital where I deliver has everyone double rooming so there just isn't room for spouses to stay.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 10:47am
He stayed with our daughter but I'm leaning towards sending him home this time. I think he should be with Olivia and I can send the baby to the nursery. (I have to have a repeat c/s so I'll be out of commission the 1st night.)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 11:18am
With my first, I delivered at 2:22am. My first husband stayed with me until they moved me into a room and they nurse bathed our son then he went home around 5am because he had to go to work that day.

My parents were there to pick me up at 4pm that night. They don't let women stay very long in the hospital that I'm in and there were no accomodations for visitors (besides one chair) even if he'd wanted to stay overnight.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 10:29pm

Yes, he will 99% likely stay with me again. He has both times so far as long as I've been there. I'm kind of needy emotionally and just want him there. I know my parents won't mind keeping my other two, and now that they are a TAD older they love going to see them. THey are only 45 mins away and I'm sure will come for the birth and the kids will see their new sibling and have bonding time long as it's at a fairly reasonable hour, then go home with my mom and dad, Last night we got checked out early because it was the longest we'd been away from my daughter and I could NOT stand it. I'm a huge sap! This time I think I'll appreciate the time with the new baby more because I know the kids will be loving staying with gparents and the kids will have each other!

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-25-2011 - 1:37pm
I'm hoping hubby will actually go home at night. I will miss him terribly (so sappy- we do NOT do well apart), but we have two cats and a dog that need to be cared for more than I will when I have a hospital staff to take care of me!

Pages