does anyone have time to clean the house?

iVillage Member
does anyone have time to clean the house?
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 5:21pm

i'm almost 5weeks post partum and my house is a mess....idk what it is but i just cant seem to clean the house. any tips for those who have managed to do it?

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 6:44pm
I also don't eat or sleep so I can clean lol BUT I'm one of those people who'd be a basket case if I had a messy house.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 5:51pm

I'm bfing, and betweem Monster and Mayhem I'm nursing about every hour, as well, but Mayhem is a pretty good sleeper.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 3:40pm
I clean the kitchen nightly and have the rest of the house on a schedule, x room (s) on x day get deep-cleaned while Isaac sleeps. It only takes a half hour at most with the house broken up like that, as long as I stick with the routine.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 8:34am
Don't feel bad.your little one is still only a few weeks old. I found that once Miranda was 6/7weeks old she went longer between feedings. Like most i do little snippets of cleaning.Dh took all 3 for an hour long drive last week so they all slept and i was able to vacuum and steam mop the floors.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 8:33am

I tidy up the kitchen and our room every evening, but since we both work and Nate is in DC the house doesn't get messy during the day. Laundry, vacuuming, dusting, etc gets done only on the weekends. I've used the Baby Bjorn if Nathan's fussy if I have stuff to do, and I also had my niece come over for an afternoon to watch Nate while I worked around the house. Other than that, it just gets done in pieces when we have time.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 7:07am
In pieces I clean. Noelle usually takes at least two naps a day and I do things like dishes, clean/sweep kitchen, and laundry. I make my bed during her last stretch of sleep if I can't fall back asleep. Most of my big cleaning happens when my DH gets home and takes over watching Noelle.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 11:52pm
After I drop off the older ones at school and come home, Dillon almost always sleeps for a half hour or more in his car seat. I usually try to unload the dishwasher, load it up with any dirty dishes and start a load of laundry. When he's awake & happy or when he takes his next nap, I'll do more laundry, fold clean clothes, wash pots & pans, and do general tidying-up. In the evenings with my husband home, I'll put laundry away. My husband is more of a neat-nik and he sweeps every day, mops and vacuums on the weekends. I really try and keep the living room clutterfree for the most part, all the baby stuff tends to get him down (swing in the corner, bouncy seat in the middle of the room, Boppy pillow on the ottoman, blanket on the floor, etc).
However, it's been a long time since I've done a very thorough job in the bathrooms. Just a quick wipe down when a guest came over!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 11:52pm

how do you find time to do all that stuff? do you BF or formula feed.... i'm bf'ing and my LO seems to be eating every hour...i'm lucky if i get a chance to eat

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 10:01pm

I have to have a list of daily chores, or nothing gets done.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 8:45pm
I try to keep the kitchen clean, simply because, well, it's the kitchen, lol. And I vacuumed the living room this morning for the first time in probably 2-3 weeks. I manage to get laundry done every week, however, getting it put away only happens with the boys' clothes. Mine and DH's stay on the dryer and we grab them from there, lol. Other than that, nope, no cleaning is done. My floors desperately need to be swept and steam mopped, but I don't have the time or energy for it at this point. I think in about 18 years my house will be able to be clean again (not that it was EVER spotless before we had kids, lol).

Photobucket

Pages