Dont talk about your baby name lol

iVillage Member
Dont talk about your baby name lol
Sat, 07-30-2011 - 8:37am
I was reading an article that someone went to court and changed their baby name. She said her baby looks didn't fit the name.
So I asked DH what would we do if our baby doesn't come out looking like his name lol RJ will be a third!! And the men on DH side is dark skin with black hair. But my dad was light skin with brownish red hair. I also have brownish red hair. DH gave me the were not changing his name speech and then this little thing inside went crazy and started kicking me like he's on a soccer field! I swear he was at it for 15 mins straight
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-30-2011 - 9:11am

That's too funny!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-30-2011 - 10:37am
In the article I read the lady named the little girl presley. Once the baby turned six months they went to court and changed it to summer... wow
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-30-2011 - 3:26pm
That's so weird you mentioned this because I JUST read this article about 3 hours ago! It made me a little scared when I read it, but I figured I really like my name and can't imagine changing it :)
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-30-2011 - 3:28pm
I've never known anyone to actually change it, but I do know a lot if people who regret the name they chose.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-30-2011 - 7:46pm

I don't think I would ever change any of my kids names. I do however know a few people who don't name their baby till after baby is born and they see baby, for this very reason. To make sure baby's name will fit his/her looks. I think its kind of silly because they change so much in the first year, that what they look like at birth is not what they will look like at 1, or 10 or 30... We love the name Addelaide and I know she will come out blond hair and blue eyes, I think it will fit her perfectly!! :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 5:12pm
I named my oldest Ian, which really when I think about it sounds very European, more for a blond or a redhead. So when he was a dark haired, very dark eyed and olive-skinned boy, I wasn't sure that I'd made the right choice either. His father is Hispanic and I didn't recall ever meeting any other Hispanic "Ian" LOL
Of course now, it's fine, it fits him and I like that his name isn't very common (at least in my area).
Photobucket