Dying to tell!!!!

iVillage Member
Dying to tell!!!!
Fri, 04-01-2011 - 5:11pm
So far only DH, my older sis and I are the only one who know that I'm preggo. We are planning on telling our parents and other siblings about the little bean on Easter Sunday....but I'm just dying to tell my parents! It's gonna be torture to wait three more weeks. Anyone else in the same boat?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-01-2011 - 6:20pm

We went to my parent's for dinner this evening and it was on the tip of my tongue the whole time!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-01-2011 - 6:51pm
I'm actually waiting for my first appt to tell people besides my dh. That appt is may 4th so let's see how this goes lol
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 8:01am
Did u ever make that first appt? I believe I read in another section that u haven't.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 9:58am
Nope! I called my doctors office, and couldn't get any help because his assistant went home at 10 am! I was told to call back Monday. I called the other doc office, where my referral will be going, but they won't see me until I have a referral despite the fact that I told them that I get unexplained bleeding during pg. Just my luck I had very minimal spotting last night ( which stopped now) But I am sure you can understand how frustrated I am with this situation.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 12:55pm

This is my first child and I am dying to tell everyone one of my friends, but I know I need to wait. We did tell his parents and my mom last night and they all thought it was an April Fool's joke and I told them no because one of my friends was there to witness the test.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 5:28pm
I really want to tell everyone, too! This is our first baby so we're waiting until after our first Dr. appt (which is on 4/21) to tell the family. That's Easter weekend, but we're hoping we can last 2 more weeks until Mother's Day to tell the family and get our moms grandmother cards and put the ultrasound pic inside. It is so hard to not share with everyone, but since I don't have any preggo symptoms, it at least makes it easier to hide for the time being :)
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 7:21pm
Yea I can understand how frustrating it is. Mines isn't until may 4th. I have to go an entire month ugghh
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2011 - 4:10pm
I am in a similar boat as you. I called my ob to make my first appointment and they said I had to go through my primary doctor first. I called my primary only to be told that I had to see her first then they would order blood work and then I had to come in for a second appointment to review the blood work and then they would put in the referral. I informed them that I have to be put on progesterone immediately or else I lose the pregnancy. I ended up reviewing the blood work results with the dr on Monday and her office finally called me Wednesday afternoon to let me know that they were going to put in a referral. Got a call on Friday from the ob's office letting me know that the referral still had not been authorized. At this point I'm not sure if we're going to be able to maintain the pregnancy because I probably won't even be able to get in to my ob until 6 weeks or later and the baby always dies around 7 1/2 weeks.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2011 - 9:01am

I am right there with you my inlaws will be made they have said that we "better not have anymore kids". I really do not feel it is any of there business I know they feel that 3 kids is handfull enough but we love kids and if we can finacially have a fourth I dont see how anyone can tell us we cannot. It does make me a bit sad that they will not be happy at first because the other day me and my mother in law went shopping for my kids and while we were shopping she made the comment I really hope there are no more grandkids. That was a bit sad and I knew that I was prob prenant then because I had a very very light positive test. My inlaws are great people dont get me wrong and they love there grandkids but they dont pay pay pur bills and cloth and feed our family so why should they care. So i am making the hubby tell them because I dont want to get upset when I get a not so positive reaction. I have already told my parents because they are nurses and I am a high risk pregnancy so I like them to know incase anything happens. So my part is done its his part.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 7:34am
Bratzski, is everyone as far as doctors and insurance aware of this issue ur having with the loss of the baby around seven weeks? I would think they would c u right away.