Feb Roll Call - Where is Everyone???

iVillage Member
Feb Roll Call - Where is Everyone???
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 7:22pm

Hi all!  Is anyone around?  Come out of hiding!  How is SD?  Can you believe we have toddlers?!?  Would love to hear from everyone and get updates on SDs.  Hope everyone is well!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 3:26pm
So glad to hear from you ladies! Sorry I haven't responded sooner but for some reason ivillage hasn't been working for me. Every time I tried to respond it either would just keep asking me to sign in or tell me I wasn't authorized to make comments. Not sure if anyone else has also been having problems? Anyways... Sounds like our SDs are all doing similar things. Ali Claire started walking two days before she turned one and is into everything! I find it so much harder to keep up with her than we my DS (3 1/2). She is already pretty girly and loves her baby dolls and putting on costume jewelry, carrying around anything she can find as a purse, etc. It's pretty funny bc I am not a girly girl and most of our toys are boy toys! She says about ten words but most of the time prefers pointing and yelling lol. She has quite the personality and I really get a kick out of her, although I'm pretty sure we're going to have our hands full! Let's try to start some new threads and keep the conversations going!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 5:43pm

Dillon & I are here! My big guy is a sturdy 26 lbs and into EVERYTHING. He's been walking since shortly after his b-day and is very active. He loves to grab electronics (cell phones, remotes) and pretend he's talking on the phone. I have a small calculator that I give him as his "cell" LOL.

He's talking quite a bit and mimicing words. He regularly says hot, lamp, up, Dad, Ian, this, ball, book and the big one "Grandpa"! Dillon definitely keeps us on our toes. We have to secure each room he's in because he will open the oven, climb the stairs, knock over the lamp, throw the remote into the trash and splash in the toilet if given a chance ;)

He still loves snuggling and sitting on our lap with a book is his favorite. He is fascinated with butterflies and puts his hands together and wiggles his fingers like the wings anytime he sees one.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 10:12pm

Ashantibeauty and Madelynn here too, Madelynn at 13months weighs 35pound, she is very active, walks, and trying to do whatever her sisters Do.  She says mama, daddy, calls her sisters names. She keeps me busy....

Attachment: 
KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-02-2013 - 2:55pm

Connor and I are here. It is just so hard to find time to stop by and post with two kids and school. Connor is doing really well. He is walking everywhere now (I like to say that I now have a habitually bipedal creature) and he has earned himself a new nickname: honey badger. He likes to make a big fuss if he doesn't get his way, and he bullies his big brother, lol. He hasn't had his 1 year check up yet (we lost insurance back in October because DH lost his job...were going to get it back in March because he got a new job, but that contract got terminated early, so he's back to looking for another job now), so I don't know how much he weighs or how tall he is, though. He is saying 8 words now: Mama, Dada, dog, bye-bye, thank you, tickle tickle, hello. He's so cute with "hello"....he'll pick up a phone or phone-shaped object and hold it to his ear and say "hello.hello.hello.hello" over and over again, lol. And he says thank you when he hands us stuff because that's what we say to him when he does it. 

Photobucket