Feeling like a fat turd :(

iVillage Member
Feeling like a fat turd :(
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 4:11pm

This is my whine and complaint and I want someone to whine and complain with me, lol! I'm starting to look a little pregnant sometimes after a large meal, quite pregnant. I started off this pregnancy at my heaviest of weights, still not bad, but not my comfort zone. 5'7" 135lbs. So being that I already felt "off" in my skin I'm now in that "I feel like the biggest, squishiest, ugliest thing around" point in pregnancy. I think I know deep down inside I look alright but you know how YOU feel even if other people say Oh you look great. And then there is the innocent comment from my four year old

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 4:20pm
Hhaha, LOL! Just at the title alone...I feel ya' tho. I'm a larger person than you @6' tall and def heavier...but I feel the same, FAT! If I wear certain shirts I look even bigger. I feel like I look 6 months preggers already instead of 4... I actually joined a gym a couple of weeks ago. I am worried if I'm this big now what's 9 months gonna be like? It's also really hot here in AZ and activity outside is not an option. It just blows...people already ask how far along I am, and when I tell them I know they are thinking I must be really fat. Sigh...I'm just trying to picture the rocking body I'm gonna have after about 6 months post pardum...I hope.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 9:31pm
Yeah. I hear ya. I had a coworker tell me that she and another coworker couldn't believe I was only 17 weeks because I looked much bigger than that! Gee! Thanks!
Community Leader
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 12:24am

Count me in on it, too.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 8:37pm
Your not fat ... Your pregnant!!! You need the shirt that says that:)
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 12:01am
Ditto! This weekend is my 20th HS reunion and the thought of not looking "pregnant enough" but just on the chubby side is very irritating to me!

LOL The very day I found out that I was pregnant I was slated to start the Medifast plan (I had about 40 lbs to lose before I got pregnant). I'd received my big box of Medifast food on the doorstep about an hour after I took the positive test!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 12:06am
Julie - Isn't that how it always happens? I can't tell you how many friends I have who found out they were pg right after getting a new gym membership, or signing up for Jenny Craig.
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 11:37am
This pregnancy was a surprise (I was on BC pills) and that morning I'd woken up not feeling very well. At first, I though, "man, I can't start this diet when I feel yucky!" Then I started putting two and two together and then thought, "hey, I haven't gotten my period for a while..." OOPS!! LOL
I am looking forward to finally losing the weight after the baby is born. I definitely have plans to stay active and do some walking with the stroller and after I'm done breastfeeding I'll probably start the Medifast plan :)
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 7:54pm

I totally understand! This is my first pregnancy, but somehow my belly popped immediately. I'm the same height, but a good bit heavier than you, but for the most part it seems like I've only gained belly weight. People CONSTANTLY ask me if I'm sure I'm not having twins or if I'm really only 18+ weeks along.