Finally gathered enough cloth diapers to start using them!

iVillage Member
Finally gathered enough cloth diapers to start using them!
Wed, 02-29-2012 - 8:50pm

As the title says, I finally purchased and received enough diapers to be able to use them without having to wash every day (I hope, lol). I washed and dried them all today and will start using them tomorrow! I can't wait, and at the same time I am terrified, lol. I've NEVER used cloth diapers before. If anyone has any tips they wish they knew when they started CD'ing, I'd really appreciate them!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
I'm using pocket diapers.
Yup, he hasn't pooped in 10 days. Last time it was 9 days between poops, lol. The pedi told me last time she wasn't concerned as long as he didn't seem to be uncomfortable, but that if he got to 9 days with no poo to call her, but he went on the 9th day. But not very much. He is bf almost exclusively, and it can happen to where they just use almost all of what goes in and therefore don't have anything to expel. Even though he hasn't gone in so long, he doesn't seem at all uncomfortable, so I'm not going to subject him to a suppository until he starts to act like it is bothering him.
One of the moms from my first EC/PG group said that one of her older kids that was exclusively bf didn't poop for 23 days once! She said she did take her to the doctor several times over that period, but everything was fine.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wow my daughter is the opposite. She poops several times a day and she is exclusively bf as well. Weird how children can react so differently. All I think about when you say 10 days is how bad that is for adults. However that is the obsessive nurse in me, lol. I am glad the diapers are going well for you. Did you get a diaper sprayer for when he does poop? I love mine it makes it so much easier. Definitely worth the money.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
No, I don't have a diaper sprayer as of yet. Everyone that I've talked to has said that a breastfed baby's poopy diapers can actually just go in the washer without rinsing because bm poo is water soluble. So that's what I plan to do for now. I'll probably run them through a rinse cycle first when there are poopy ones, though.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
They do rinse easily. I like the sprayer though because I don't wash one diaper at a time. So to have them sit with poop on them in my bag can get a bit stinky. However it is true breast fed poop is very washable.

Dixie

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Oh and I already do an extra rinse too. First a short cold. Then the regular with soap, then one more rinse. It works well.

Dixie

TTC since April 2009

Pages