Finally gathered enough cloth diapers to start using them!

iVillage Member
Finally gathered enough cloth diapers to start using them!
Wed, 02-29-2012 - 8:50pm

As the title says, I finally purchased and received enough diapers to be able to use them without having to wash every day (I hope, lol). I washed and dried them all today and will start using them tomorrow! I can't wait, and at the same time I am terrified, lol. I've NEVER used cloth diapers before. If anyone has any tips they wish they knew when they started CD'ing, I'd really appreciate them!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
I love cloth diapering! I can match diapers to outs that make them look super cute! Plus I know I have already saved a toon of money in the long run. I have enough where I can go every other day. I use Kellys Closet as my place to buy them. What is nice about that site is you earn points with each purchase. I recently cashed them in for a gift card that I am using to buy diaper soap.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member

We LOVE LOVE LOVE using cloth :) nothing more adorable than that huge fluffy butt. Another good site is gogonatural.com. I love that site. Every $30.00+ purchase you make you get a free one size diaper with the code. Right now the code is MARAPR :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Ok sorry for the terrible typos. I post from my phone. I can spell lol.

Dixie

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Congrats!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Do you ladies find that the appropriate sized clothing almost looks a little too small when using CD? Connor is wearing 3 month size clothes now, which are actually a tiny bit big on him when in disposables. But, when I dressed him after putting a CD on him, both the onesie and the pants looked small. Am I going to have to start getting 6 month stuff? I can't image that he'd be any where near big enough for that size yet. I'm so new at this and still kind of lost!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Right now my clothing is still fine. Sometimes her pants are too short but I think she is just too tall in general lol. Sometime I think it looks different. With more bootie padding it can stretch it in a different. So long as it can button and doesn't leave marks you are good.

Dixie

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Ok, good, lol. Also, are there supposed to be gaps in the diaper? Like around the legs, I can see a little ways into the diaper, and it is on the smallest size setting..well, I could make the waist tighter, but then I think that part would be too tight.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Ok this is going to be hard to describe. But the flaps to the side of the buttons you buttoned. Pull up on those and it will make it tighter around legs. It wont be as tight as disposable but I only have leaks when I forget to check/change her every two-three hours while awake.

Dixie

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
You're talking about the inside flap, right? The part of the flap that goes against the skin? So far today we have gone through 5 diapers, I think, and didn't have any leaks. We even went out shopping for an hour or two! However, before I put Connor to bed, I did put a disposable on him, lol. I'm not that trusting at this point, especially since he still needs to have the sposie changed at night since he usually fills them up over night! Plus, he sleeps cradled in my arm, so I'm not so keen on experiencing leaks at night! Oh, and this is one time that I think I am glad that he/his body has decided it doesn't need to poop very often! Although we are going on 10 days now, but he seems fine, and had only had one bott

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Yes the inside flap. Yay for no leaks! Do you use all in ones? I have pocket diapers for when she gets older as I assume she will pee more. That way I can add more padding.
Do you mean he has not pooped in 10 days?

Dixie

TTC since April 2009

Pages