Going in for induction tonight!

iVillage Member
Going in for induction tonight!
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 9:13am

Well as some of you know I had been diagnosed with Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. Everything had been going fine, even at my last dr's appt my resting blood pressure was practically perfect at 122/88! But I gained 4 lbs in 5 days and I was beginning to swell. My doctor decided to order another 24 hr urine and to run some bloodwork all of which was completed yesterday. I got a nice wake up call from my doctor that I'll be going into the hospital at 6 tonight to begin induction! I guess my levels are in the preeclamptic stages and since I will be 39 weeks tomorrow they would rather not risk a 'wait and see'. This is my first and I am so nervous I could have a panic attack! My cervix wasn't exaclty favorable at my last appointment so the reason I'm going in tonight is to have some gel placed to help it along and then tomorrow we will begin pitocin. I'm afraid all of this will end in a csection considering my body doesn't seem to be ready. But csection or no csection all I want is a healthy baby!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 2:47pm

I'm happy that everything is going smoothly so far for you! I think the boredum of waiting is what I'm dreading the most, I'll have to make sure to bring enough to keep my occupied. I hope everything keeps progressing for you, and I'll keep an eye out for your updates!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 3:48pm
Good luck! Hopefully the cervix meds will do the trick & get things all nice & ready. Soon you'll be meeting that baby!
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !

Pages