guess who is in a cast...

iVillage Member
guess who is in a cast...
Wed, 09-05-2012 - 9:22pm
Jaxon broke his femur and is in a cast from his nipples to his ankle :/ luckily he only has to be in it for 3 weeks. Makes things challenging though, bathing, nursing, sleeping, riding in a car, and etc. The orthopedic surgeon said he will be set back a little as far as crawling (which he hasn't done yet, only army crawling) and walking but she said he'll catch up in no time. I'd post a pic but I don't know how from my phone.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 5:12pm

Oh, my goodness!  How awful.  And your poor DH.  :smileysad:  I dislocated Monster's elbow the other day, and I felt terrible...your DH must feel ten times worse.  :smileysad:  I hope these next three weeks fly by for you.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 9:29pm
Thanks ladies! He's pretty miserable but, like always, in good spirits! He whines a lot because he can't do anything. Today he has slept a TON. I'm calling the ped in the morning to find out if he should be expected to sleep more with thus type of injury.

It figures too that this would happen just as school starts back up and I can't be home with him.

Dh feels super bad :smileysad:

We're still trying to find a car seat to accommodate his cast but so far we have no option but to hold him, which makes me a nervous wreck.