Healthy Weight Gain

iVillage Member
Healthy Weight Gain
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 9:33am

With my first pregnancy I gained 40 pounds.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 9:49am

Same boat here.

Michelle due 2/12/10 w/#4

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 10:40am
Right there with you Loren. I gained 35 lbs w/the first preg but had already gained 10 prior to getting preggo as I started my first real & sedentary job. With my second I gained 35 as well, but still had 10 lbs left of baby fat from the first one. Then w/my third I gained 60 pounds (I had lost all the baby weight then some before getting preg that time). I lost all the weight from that preg, but gained about 5 before getting my BFP this go around (as advice from my obgyn). I am in the healthy weight range now and hope not to gain much more than 25. I am also trying to continue exercising as long as possible. I really want to make sure I am making healthy choices...I eat a healthy diet anyway, but I'm nervous that if my m/s starts (which is usu does before week 7) then I'll find myself eating only salty carbs...for some reason that's the only thing I can keep down w/my m/s. I'm hoping it stays away so I can continue eating my fruits & veges! Usu as I approach the second trimester, I start to crave sweets...hoping that doesn't happen! ;) I'd love to see an accountability thread of some sort.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 11:46am

Hi Loren,

I am really hoping to only gain the 25lbs too but I doubt that's possible. I already feel myself gaining. It was the same with my last pregnancy too - I get super bloated and/or gain weight as soon as I get my BFP. I am feeling it big time already.

I gained 50 lbs with my last pregnancy but thankfully lost it all and then some. I don't want to gain that much again but I don't know that it's in my control to be honest. I think my body just likes to hold on to the weight during my pregnancies.

I was active with my last and continued to eat like I always do (very healthy). Hopefully I can lose it all again after. FX'd!! :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 12:01pm

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO in!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 1:25pm

Loving this thread, I gained around 30 first time around but started at like 147 and am 5'7" so wasnt too bad. I want to try and keep exercising and making healthier choices, are the cravings kicking in with everyone else? I keep thinking i want to enjoy it now before the m/s kicks in and can barely eat. I had a friend comment after I told her the news that "well how do you plan on continuing to work out at the gym?" I think she thought you cant work out at all when you are pregnant and she is ttc right now.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-16-2011 - 1:32am
I feel you. With my first one I gained 50 pounds (although majority was pre-eclampsia water weight in the last month) and I was able to lose 80 pounds. With my second I gained 40 pounds and managed to lose 60 pounds after he was born. Unfortunately I have gained all of it back and then some due to major stresses in my life so I am already overweight coming into this pregnancy. Heck, I'll put it out there, I'm 5'9" and 190 pounds. So far I have unintentionally lost a couple of pounds this pregnancy due to morning sickness and a total lack of appetite. My doctor hasn't given me a recommended weight gain, but my personal goal is 25 pounds.

Photobucket