Help!! I cant stop smoking!!

iVillage Member
Help!! I cant stop smoking!!
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 4:11pm

First off I really am looking for help and ideas not judgement. I know the risks of smoking while pregnant and I feel horrible. I have tried a few times to stop since I concieved, twice i tried to go cold turkey, and twice i tried o wean myself off. The best ive been able to do by my 25th week is go from a pack a day to a pack every 3 days. Are there any other smokers with advice out there. I feel powerless when

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 4:22pm

Have you talked to your Dr. about options to help you quit? Like, is it safe to use Nicorette to help wean yourself off while pregnant? I know some people that have used lollipops to help with the oral fixation part of the craving while quiting. I'll bet there are some support groups online for women trying to quit while pregnant, maybe try to search one out? Best of luck kicking the habbit for both your and your baby's sake!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 8:49am

Hi there,

I wanted to share a link with you to a support board here on iVillage that you may find to be of some help as you look for ways to quit smoking.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 3:23pm
I just wanted to wish you the best and I hope you can find the willpower to quit. Smoking seems like such a tough habit to break that I've already started talking to my daughter about it being easier to never start than it is to quit. My sister is using gum and an e-smoker (or something like that) and it's working so far.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 3:43pm

I don't smoke, but I have heard of people doing hypnotharapy...

Crystal Wife to Ron 10/11/03 Mama to Emma Noel 10/4/08 Soon to be Mama 1/3/12:)