Holiday Decorating: Does Baby Leave the Tree Alone?

iVillage Member
Holiday Decorating: Does Baby Leave the Tree Alone?
Fri, 12-14-2012 - 12:10pm

By now you've probably forgotten those pre-pregnancy expectations you once had -- you know, of your adorable, picture-perfect kid sitting calmly amidst your House Beautiful-worthy holiday décor? Instead, the visions dancing in your head are those of little hands pulling down Christmas trees and snacking on ornaments. So how do you keep your kids safe, but still make your home look special? We asked the experts to find out how to keep everyone safe -- and sane -- through the holiday season.

How to Babyproof Your Home for the Holidays -- Read This Before You Put the Tree Up!- http://www.ivillage.com/baby-proofing-your-home-holidays/6-b-304851

I remember that my boys were into everything at this age and I thought (more than once!) that I was just going to give up on having a tree while they were small!  How is your child doing with the tree and decorations?  Does he/she leave them alone for the most part or is it a constant struggle?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 10:07pm

I am super lucky that neither of my kids have ever bothered our Christmas tree.  AC looks at it but doesn't really get near it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
We are in the process of buying a house so we decided not to get out too many decorations this year (since we'll have to pack them up soon anyway). We only have a small tree on a counter in the kitchen. I know that if we were to have a large tree like usual that Dillon would be ALL OVER IT, pulling on the branches, removing ornaments and trying to climp up on it. He doesn't listen to "no" very well yet!
Photobucket