Hospital Tours Anyone??

iVillage Member
Hospital Tours Anyone??
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 5:30pm
DH and I are waiting for our tour to start now. We decided to have a little fun and time getting here. So DH had to act like he was gathering the baby bags lol etc etc. He was driving like a mad man but it took us 14 mins to get here. Its five something so the beltway had some traffic. So we get to the parking area and realize that labor & Delivery is no where near the parking lot. So pissed I had to walk down a hill.

Anyone else had a tour or plan on taking one?

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 10:51am
They also said for me that all the rooms has wifi, so yes that is awesome!! Also the children age is anyone under 12 can't visit unless they are siblings. For delivery I will only have DH and my mother. As far as visitors afterwards, I will only allow my grandparents and the god parents
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 1:05pm
Hmmm, I'm not sure if we will do the tour again or not. I don't think anything has changed in two years, but i guess taking the tour would be a good way to find out. I'll be delivering at the same hospital as last time.
I will also pre-register, although my hospital doesn't allow that until 34-36 weeks, I think. Although I'm not entirely sure of the reason for pre-registering since when I got to the hospital, in active labor with DS, I still had to fill out and sign paperwork...and they did still have my pre-registration stuff.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 1:11pm
Danielle, you are in Orlando, right? I think I'm remembering correctly.....if you are, are you delivering at Winnie Palmer? That's where I'll be delivering again, and it is REALLY nice! I loved the private rooms with the murphy beds for a guest.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 3:55pm
Gina, I was just reading your post and was about to ask if you'll be at Winner as well :) You read my mind! We are going to be at Winnie...I did my pre-reg paperwork and hopefully won't have to do it again when we get there (so I don't think you have to wait until 34-36 weeks since I did it a month ago). It's such a nice hospital! Everything is pretty for a hospital and I do really love the rooms.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 4:15pm

My SIL delivered at Winnie Palmer and it was def a nice hospital!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 5:20pm

I'm not just bc my drs office is right in the hospital down the hall from l & d so I know where to go, but I am thinking of doing the sibling tour for the kiddos!

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 9:02pm
Hmmmm, maybe it wasn't the hospital then and just my OB office that didn't want me to go register early last time. lol But I do love Winnie Palmer. It is a really good hospital. Unless they changed it from 2 years ago, you'll still have paperwork to fill out and sign while sitting there having contractions....yeah, that wasn't fun..I almost yelled at the poor receptionist lady about the fact that I pre-registered so that I didn't have to sit and do this when I was in labor, lol. And the food is actually good! You get to order it what you want from the menu whenever you are hungry (during the designated times, anyway). And if your husband or someone else wants something it is really cheap to get them something too so they don't have to go down to the cafeteria.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-24-2011 - 7:15am
Its funny that people are so excited about wifi. For both deliveries there never seemed any time between feedings and visitors. Showering, ambulating and eating seemed to take up any time. Both deliveries I stayed 2 days and I hope I can get out after the 2nd night again. I rest so much easier at home. I remember a friend loaded a mp3 for me for my last delivery and I never got a chance to use it.

Pages