Hot flashes and Headaches...

iVillage Member
Hot flashes and Headaches...
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 8:19pm

Hey ladies, I have been having hot flashes for abuot 5 week, I am supposed to be 6 weeks 4 days preggers, is this normal?

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 8:30pm

I get migraines about 2-3 times a year when I am not pregnant, but when I am pregnant I get them almost every week. I have been on Tylenol with codiene as needed with all 4 of my pregnancies and love it. It takes just enough of the edge off for me to function. I only take them when its really bad though, usually dont need more than 20 for the whole pregnancy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 10:42pm
Hot flashes can be normal for some people. As far as the headaches, I've been getting a lot of tension headaches since getting pregnant. Besides tylenol, I've also been using a face mask I picked up at Bath & Body Works years ago that goes in the refrigerator to be nice and cool and then I just put it on my face and feel the pain go completely numb and pretty soon it is much better. I've also been using essential oils that I put a few drops on my pillow as needed and they help me to relax. These can be picked up at Bath & Body Works also.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 12:23pm

Same here. I tend to get migranes anyway but hadn't had one in a very long time...until about a week ago when my head seriously felt like it was going to explode!

I didn't have any Tylenol so I used Head-On, a cold washcloth on my neck and drank a diet soda (for the caffeine).

Photobucket