How did you choose a name?

Community Leader
How did you choose a name?
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 3:09am

I'm just curious what sort of process you ladies went through to pick a name for your baby.

For us, we had a very short list -- there was only one name we liked beforehand.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 8:49am
RJ name is Frederico Emmanuel III. So of course he has his father and grandfathers name. I didt have much say in it because the deal with DH and I was... it the baby was a girl I pick the name, boy he pick the name. RJ grandfather goes by the name Fred. DH goes by the name Rico. So I just started calling the baby RJ, and that's what everyone calls him except his father. His initals are FED III.

I don't think he will ever have to worry about someone in his class having his name lol

Jayla
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 9:24am

It was fairly easy for us b/c we only use family names.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 8:56pm
We just kind of threw out names during the wait after our anatomy ultrasound way back at 20 weeks. DH suggested Connor, and I liked it, so we starting calling him Connor to test it out and it stuck. We had a harder time deciding on the middle name, but we both liked Christian. We tried out a few other middle names (like David), but either didn't think they flowed as well as Christian or didn't like the initials (like CDC...). So we went with the name that we both liked....hence Connor Christian C. (yes, his initials are CCC).

Photobucket