How do we get things moving?

iVillage Member
How do we get things moving?
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 9:05pm

Hi ladies!  I know things have gotten much slower around here lately so I was just wondering if you have any ideas on how to get things moving?  I love hearing about all our SDs and would hate to see us get shut down from lack of activity.  I'm open to any idea!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 11:18pm

It's hard for me to get on all the time, but I would hate to see us shut down, as well!  What about a question of the week?  Not necessarily child-related, just something fun that would get us chatting.  :)  We could take turns posting a question so that no one has to come up with one all the time.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 10:07pm

I'm not sure if there is a way to notify all mommies, but I think that would be a great idea.  I'll ask CM Kristy and see if that is an option.

And I will start a first birthday thread.  Can't believe how soon our SDs will be 1!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 10:05pm

Thank you for your suggestions!  I tried a Mom of the week a while back and I think we got through most people, but the last three I posted the moms never responded to it, so that is why I abadoned it.  I am happy to give it a try again though!

I think a POTW is an awesome idea.  I love seeing pictures of our little ones!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 1:30pm
Is there any way to send out a message to board members as a gentle reminder to come and check in and give us an update? This might get people back here. Having a first birthday party thread would be cute, so we can share ideas & photos.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:20pm

How about a "mommy of the week"? We could come up with a set of questions and then each week pick a new mommy and she can answer those questions and any others anyone wants to ask. This way there is more activity and we can get to know each other a bit better.

We can also do a "picture of the week"...have a theme and everyone post a pic of their SD relative to that theme.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 9:13pm

I don't know but I will think on it! I love my iV and don't want us to lose our board either! Think girls. It's my online mommy time

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !