How many bottles or nursing now within a 24 hr period?

iVillage Member
How many bottles or nursing now within a 24 hr period?
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 2:28am

Breylon drink 5

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member

Nolan is still breastfeeding with supplimentation. He'll usually either sleep from around 9pm to 7am or wake up once in the early morning then go back down until around 7am. He nurses about every three hours and I offer a suppliment bottle after each feeding. He's really hit or miss on if he'll take it though. Some days he doesn't take any some days he'll take 3 or 4 suppliment bottles of 3 oz.

iVillage Member
Aubrey is drinking about 13 oz of bm/formula when I'm gone during the day and then will nurse about 3-4 times in the afternoon/evening. She just started waking up to nurse before I go to work, too.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Dillon nurses in the morning before I leave for work, which I would estimate is about 6-7 oz. He takes at least three 4-5 oz bottles while I'm gone, nurses again when I get home, again before he goes to bed and sometimes once more in between that. He's also eating at least one serving of solids during the day now. He sleeps around 11 hours straight through the night.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
RJ usually only drinks two bottles of 6oz when I'm working. Once I'm home he breastfeeds unless I feel as though he's really really hungry. DH says he's spoiled because he sleeps next to me and roll over for a little sip then goes back to sleep
iVillage Member
I weaned Maddie just last week so I now have a better handle on how much she is eating. She has between 7-8 bottles per day of 4-5 ounces each. We always prepare 5 ounces bottles but she rarely eats the full bottle. Her pediatrician said she should be eating closer to 6 ounces at a time which would help her sleep longer stretches at night but she can't consume that at one time yet. She has reflux and I have heard it is pretty common that that do smaller, more frequent feedings.
Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

Breylon was comfort nursing so much the first month, I honestly don't know how people EBF, it just doesn't work for me.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Ella nurses around 4-6 times a day. Feels kind of on the low end but she sleeps from 7:30-6 when I wake her to eat & get our day started. Then about every 3-4 ish hours.
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member

Wow that's great that he is down to five bottles and sleeping so well for you!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I don't really know how many times I am nursing as it varies day to day. Especially now that I think she is teething since she wants to nurse as much for comfort as food. However she sleeps an average of 9 hours at night. She will wake up nurse then normally go back down for another 2-3 hours before she is up for the day.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009