How & When Will You Announce?

iVillage Member
How & When Will You Announce?
Thu, 04-14-2011 - 8:40am

Have you made the big announcement yet? If so, how did you do it? If not, when and how do you plan to share the news?

Need a few creative ideas?

Costumes, Icing, Weding Vows! See the Wacky Ways These Parents Announced Their Pregnancy- http://www.ivillage.com/how-i-announced-my-pregnan​cy-1/6-b-291630?nlcid=pb%7C11-08-2010%7C?ice=iv:m...

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-14-2011 - 11:29am

I have only told our Dec 2005 Snugglers on facebook and the people I youtube with. Thats is, I'm not sure yet, most people will find out through facebook since we are soooo far from family. I do however want to write my mom a cute Dear Grandma letter from the baby. I will have to check out the link :) thanks for sharing.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-14-2011 - 10:22pm

Only to a handful of people. I have my appt Wednesday.I got my middle child, my son and shirt that says "Big Bro" and am going to have him wear it to school Thursday, which is also where I work and let coworkers come to me and ask questions! I think I'm going to take a picture of him wearing it to and post that on facebook for all those that don't live here to find out that way. -Jill

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-16-2011 - 1:24am
I've had told a few coworkers only because of my job and they need to understand why there's times I might be running out of my classroom leaving my assistants in charge. We haven't really shared the news with family yet because they are going to freak out in a totally bad way. For my parents this will be their 8th grandchild between just two children. This was also a surprise pregnancy and we are struggling financially since my husband is unemployed and therefore a sahd. We'll probably tell once we're close to the end of the 1st trimester.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-16-2011 - 9:12am

As of now, we are planning on telling family and friends on Mother's Day (I will be just shy of 10 weeks along). We have our first appointment this week.

I have a few ideas, one idea is to wrap up an ultrasound picture (if we get one) and put it in a frame that says "coming soon" and another idea I have is to get a "Future St. Louis Cardinals Fan" shirt because we are all going to the game that afternoon. Regardless, we were thinking it would be fun to announce to all the grandparents and our two kids at the same time....but do others think we should tell the kids separately? Our kids are 8 and 12 so definitely old enough to grasp what's going on.

Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers