How is your DH/SO with baby care?

iVillage Member
How is your DH/SO with baby care?
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 11:03am

Figuring out all the new relationships and roles when a new baby arrives can be very challenging. Most new

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 11:25am

DH is a great great help with baby and my two girls, he does everything, he is soo in love with the baby that he always pick baby up from her crib to the swing to get her closer to him during the day time when he is in the living room watching TV.

KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 12:02pm

DH is actually much better this time around.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 5:29pm

Excuse me while I laugh hysterically.

Sometimes I wonder if my DH even knows what 'baby care' is.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 9:41pm
Hubby is AMAZING. He got a crash course due to my section and has been fantastic this whole time. Gets up at night, changes diapers, holds the baby... All this when I'm a SAHM while he works. I am blessed.
Although household stuff is still completely foreign territory... lol Nothing house-wise gets done without nagging!
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 2:28pm
DH is great, he jumps in always without complaint or me having to even ask. In the middle of the night, he'll change Dillon's diaper and then bring him to me to nurse. Poor guy has to be up by 4:30am to go to work, so I do try and let him get his sleep...don't want him running power tools with tired eyes & body!
When he gets home, he's been cooking all the dinners and will hold Dillon after I've fed him so I can eat dinner too.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 4:46pm
My DH really has been a blessing. Although I am BF my DH helps in all other areas. He does diaper duty, and because we do cloth diapers he also rinses them out and will do a load of them if I don't get to them. He holds her when ever I ask or he can. He goes to work early so I try not to wake him. Although the other morning Noelle was being stubborn and crying and I was exhausted and I was crying. Thankfully my DH stepped up, took her got her to sleep and sent me to bed.
Definitely could not do it without him!

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009