I went ahead and announced...

iVillage Member
I went ahead and announced...
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 8:57am

I can NOT keep a secret.

Michelle due 2/12/10 w/#4

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 11:13am

I know the feeling. I of course told dh and one of my best friends and a few co-workers so they would understand why I keep gagging in class. I haven't told any family yet because my family would get on my case so badly. DH is currently unemployed/sahd and I've only been teaching for a couple of years so I don't have tenure yet. This baby wasn't anywhere near being planned though and it is a great blessing.

Congrats to you and so glad everyone was happy for you!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 12:55pm

I wish everybody could just be happy!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 7:55pm

I think I am going to wait until after the time when I usually miscarry, which is right around 8 weeks. If I can make it to the end of April then I'll be good. Hopefully dh will have gone on some job interviews by then also. I'm really hoping my 5-year old dd doesn't ruin the surprise this weekend when we see the entire family for my dad's b-day. She's already told half her kindergarten class. :smileysurprised:

Have you made the announcement to co-workers/boss yet?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 10:56pm

Sorry that things can't be better between people. While people are mostly happy around us, we do get a little grief about us being so young. Although they can't really say that anymore. I am 28 and and preggo with #4, but they are evenly spaced at 2 years, and dh takes care of us so I am able to stay home with my girls. Anytime people come to me for advice or whatever, I always say that whatever works best for your family is what you should do.

On a side note I have only told my best friend and dh told his boss to warn him (we both have 3 girls, days within the same age, its quite amazing... dh told him to test his wife...)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 11:12pm
I don't work (SAHM and going to school) but I think DH might have mentioned it at his work.

It seems that after a few days people are warming up....even congratulating me, go figure. : )