irrational or do i have a right to be upset?

iVillage Member
irrational or do i have a right to be upset?
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 10:23am

i was gonna post this last night but i figured i'd wait and see if i would "sleep it off" like i usually do...but i woke up still angry. Last night while i was laying down about to go to sleep i was talking to my bf about some of the things i recent read about laboring in water...like it not really helping some people with pain and whatnot..my last two pregnancies i used an epi and for some reason this time i'm more concerned with possible side effects or someone doing it wrong. with my last i got so sick that i was throwing up afterwards for 4hours and was the last one to hold my DS for that reason. i told him i didnt know what i wanted to do now and he said that "the pain is just a mind set". that pissed me off pretty bad...especially bc he's only 20 (i'll be 27 in feb) and this is HIS first....he has no idea what its like. i was telling him how bad the contractions hurt with my son and he says "people meditate while laying on fire" to which i said i wasnt one of those people....i feel like he's totally disregarding my feelings and the whole labor process. i told him he's done nothing to help me during that time as far as no classes or exercises or anything...i think he's being very insensitive... do i have a reason to still be upset/hurt or is this just the hormones and should be dropped?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 2:26pm
sunrenay wrote:
I suggest you kneel on his nuts while extracting a couple teeth and have him meditate through the pain.

BEST QUOTE EVER. Thanks for the laugh, Sunni! :smileyvery-happy:

Pages