Is it safe to watch an Omnimax show at 38 wks?

iVillage Member
Is it safe to watch an Omnimax show at 38 wks?
Thu, 12-08-2011 - 4:40am

I'm not sure if it's called an Omnimax show but it's the ones in the spheres.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member

Thanks ladies, that's a good idea to wrap my belly with my coat while watching the show.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Sounds fine to me! Going to a loud place is how I knew something was wrong when I was pregnant with Olivia. I'd been at a shooting range (not shooting just sitting while DH did his thing) on a Friday and all was fine. Then, we went back on Sunday and, every time he shot, my stomach would do this crazy, visible to everyone jerk. I went to the Dr the next day and a u/s confirmed that I'd lost all my water. I've been trying to find loud startling sounds to put near my belly to see if he jerks. I've been so worried about it happening again.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
You and baby will be just fine. Remember that baby is floating in a big pool of water and it deadens sounds really well. All the sounds that they can hear right now anyway are really really muffled, even our own voices. I've known/heard of pregnant (as in almost popping pregnant) moms going to rock concerts and being near the front and the babies' hearing was just fine. If you'll have a coat or something with you (not sure what climate you are in), you could always wrap that around your belly if you feel like it is too loud. But I see no reason why it wouldn't be fine.

Photobucket