I've been lurking, sorry for not posting much

iVillage Member
I've been lurking, sorry for not posting much
Thu, 08-04-2011 - 8:42pm

I know I haven't updated in a while here.

Last week I had my 22-week appt, they took lots of blood to run tests recommended by my mfm, the baby was having fun evading the heart dopppler ;) silly boy! But we finally got him still and his heart sounded great at 152. My bp was great (which is always a concern since my last baby died at 35 weeks from sudden severe pre-e). We talked about symptoms of pre-e and pre-term labor. My doc updated my chart to reflect an edd of 11/27. He told me to take the baby aspirin the mfm recommended until 36 weeks, then stop. He was impressed that I was the first woman in 2 weeks to NOT have swollen ankles thanks to the extremem heat wave - go me :) And I lost one whole pound.. :D yes!

My OB's office called with test results. The testing they did at my last appt showed that I have a prothrombin gene mutation which is one of the clotting disorders, this one can cause recurrent miscarriage as well as 2nd and 3rd trimester losses, and there are ongoing studies trying to link it to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome (hasn't been linked yet but I bet it is a matter of time before they link them).

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member

oh, and check this out... I've been growing like CRAZY...

this is my 23w0d pic with Jaxon next to my 35w0d pic with Landon - that's nearly 3 months pregnancy difference, I delieverd Landon the day after that pic! yikes! exactly how big can a belly get :/

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member

Well sounds like things are going well. Not that you want anything to be "wrong" at least it was found and the drs are taking precautions for you and baby boy! I pray you do well for the next 3 to 4 months and so does Mr Jaxon!

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member

(((Hugs))) Torie!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
We gave you the boot last week for no showing! ;)

J/K...I'm so glad you got some answers finally and I hope your docs treatment plan works out perfectly for you. Keeping my fingers crossed and you and your lil guy in my prayers.
iVillage Member
And girl, you are working that belly! lol Love the pics!
iVillage Member
Great pics! That baby is growing. Thank god for a definitive diagnosis. Lovenox injections aren't fun but it'll be worth it in the end. Just curious, where do you have to inject? Usually its the abdomen, but I'm guessing they recommended the back of the arms?
iVillage Member

Torie, you know what, I'm routing for you so bad to deliver a happy, healthy baby.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member

Wow, your baby is definitely growing!! hehe.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Im so glad they finally figured out what was wrong. That is such a huge victory for you. Wonderful bump!

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member

hey dear i am so happy for you - on a fast growing belly !!! its really cute . . . .

and i can imagine how relieved you are by knowng the reason. . .

Pages