just rented a doppler

iVillage Member
just rented a doppler
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 10:27am

so ive never used one on my own before, i just ordered it online today, will prolly get it around tuesday,

pregnancy
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 2:03pm
A doppler isn't hard to use (if it is an actual doppler, like the ones a doctor office has/uses). I had one with my pg with my DS. I had had a m/c previous to him and I was getting major anxiety about mid-way between my doctor appointments. So I found a non-profit organization that sends them to women who have had a loss before (have to have doctor script for doppler and state that a loss occurred previously). It is really easy to use. You just put the goop on your belly, put the wand in the goop and start moving it around until you find the heart beat.

Now, a big word of warning here: it is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hard to find the heartbeat with a doppler before you are 12 weeks pg. So, when you get yours Tuesday and can't find the heartbeat, don't panic. It is just too soon and the baby is just too little for it to pick it up. In fact, the NPO that I got mine from will NOT send them to you before 12 weeks for that reason.

As the baby gets bigger, it is much easier to find the heartbeat, especially toward the end when the baby doesn't have much room to move out of the way, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 2:20pm
Thanks for the wanring :) ill keep that in mind, maybe I could have waited another week but I'm not known for patience lol
pregnancy