Kinda funny... Maternity clothing

iVillage Member
Kinda funny... Maternity clothing
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 12:03pm
So some days now my regular clothes still fit but a lot of days everything is too tight on my lower abdomen. I went out and found some maternity clothes (or kangaroo pants, as hubby calls them) and yay, they fit my tummy! Problem is... They're cut a little roomy everywhere else, too. So here I am with the band all tight over my stomach and then the back all loose and with a baggy butt! Anyone else having fitting issues? I get openly mocked by DH so at least I'm having a sense of humor about it. :) Kangaroo pants and baggy butt, go me!
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 12:08pm
I'm not preggers (yet) but I've heard awesome things about the bellaband - you can keep wearing your regular pants! http://www.ingridandisabel.com/product/1111/bellaband-everyday.html
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 4:00pm
I feel like I am in saggy butt hell also:) If I put anything in my pockets the band starts to not hold so well and I get saggy pants... so annoying! I even went and bought some more expensive pants from motherhood but I still have that problem:( I think they need a support group for maternity clothes:) lol
Crystal
Crystal Wife to Ron 10/11/03 Mama to Emma Noel 10/4/08 Soon to be Mama 1/3/12:)
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 4:16pm
I had that problem in my last pregnancy. I felt like the boys who walk around with one hand holding up their saggy bottoms - yeah, that's how I walked around, literally holding up my maternity pants! The girls at work used to make fun of my sagging pants, no butt at all and no hips to help hold them up... This time, however, is an entirely different story! I do have a good belly going, but I have grown some huge hips as well as a good amount in the butt as well ;)