Last appt here, EDD moved up and RANT!!!

iVillage Member
Last appt here, EDD moved up and RANT!!!
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 1:56am

So today my last appointment here, so bitter sweet for me. I am excited to be going home and getting back with my OB that I adore so much but its also a bit sad for me, these Drs are the ones that have helped me to keep Adelaide in there and safe this far. So while I'm happy to be going, I'm a bit sad too.The AFP test came back normal and everything looked perfect with the 20w U/S. I have only gained 5lbs in total as well. YAY!!! That is very exciting to me.

So today I had to pick up all of my medical records (well I only asked for my OB records but they gave me all of my medical records) to give to my OB in Ca. Well I was looking through everything and realized with every single U/S they had my due date at Dec 20th, moved up 4 days, and the OBs never told me. So yay, we have moved up 4 days. So exciting. I know its only 4 days lol, but I'll take any days I can get ;)

Now on to my rant. So back in Dec 10 when I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism the Dr (My PCP) noticed that my thyroid was very pronounced and ordered and U/S to be done on them. Well I wasn't able to get an appointment until April of this year for that. I went and when we were done the U/S tech said that my Dr would call me in with in the week or so for results. I waited waited waited. Nothing. Called and then waited for a call back. Nothing. So I went on and figured there was nothing major to report or else they would have gotten back to me, right? One would think. Well while going through my reports I ran across the thyroid U/S report!! I was so mad when reading their findings. I started sobbing. They found nodules in BOTH my left and right thyroid. She did say they "Have a high likelihood of being benign" but still this doesn't make me feel any better that my PCP did not get back to me. It also says I needed to have more ultrasounds done in 6-12 months to monitor them. My aunt has modules in hers as well and they wound up being benign but my cousin just had them as well and they were cancerous. She had to go through radiation and everything. I can't believe my PCP just let this go. :( I can't wait to get home and get these reports to a Dr that will help me and get me proper care/treatment. I almost feel like filing some sort of complaint or report or something. I just wouldn't know where to start with the Army and we are so close to leaving I don't know if I want to open a new can of worms.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 7:47am

Glad your appointment went well and yay for four days sooner!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 1:04pm

Awww, i am so happy for u ur due date moved up four days. (Dec 24 we will miss u lol ) i have my 23week appt on the 31st and i hope i get to hear something good bcos my stomach is getting really big. Good luck on ur move and take it easy.

KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 1:22pm
Your EDD is my planned c/s date! Woo hoo! I can't believe your PCP didn't call you but I bet you just fell through the cracks. I'm SO glad you got all your records so you could follow up on your own. I'm hoping that your nodlues are benign..
Photobucket