lets talk weight!! not urs but mines

iVillage Member
lets talk weight!! not urs but mines
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 9:20am
So prior to being prego I was 114. At my last apt a couple weeks ago I was 137. So I'm sure I'm at 140 or above now. I thought I was too big but the doctor didn't have a problem with it. She just stated that I shud try not to eat white bread, white rice, potatoes etc. She also said that its possible that the bigger I get the bigger the baby may be. But now that some family know that I've basically gained 30 pounds I'm hearing that I should pay attention to my salt intake...which I really don't use salt anyway.... my mom thinks that if I get bigger they may put me on bedrest.
You can see in my face that I've gained weight but I'm all belly. What do you ladies think?should I be concerned? I eat fruit and veggies! I drink water! I walk everyday. What else do these people want from me!! I'm pregnant I WANNA EAT lol

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 8:08pm

Jayla-

I agree with the majority.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 10:27pm
I know you're worried about gaining a lot of weight, but try not to be. With my first I gained 50 pounds. I wasn't eating junk food, high salt, lots of carbs, etc. I was eating very healthy foods. At one point I was practically starving myself because I was so embarrassed about all the weight. I had been limiting myself to eating just 2 lean cuisines a day and that was it. I was also drinking LOTS of water! Probably drank around 12-15 glasses of water a day. At 30 weeks my doctor finally listened to me (actually, it was his wife who was a nurse practitioner) and they checked me for swelling, etc. Turns out the weight gain was because of pre-eclampsia. I did end up being put on full bed rest at 32 weeks. After the baby was born though I lost all the weight and then some. At my 6 weeks check up I had already lost 42 pounds and by the time dd was 6 months old I had lost 80 pounds. By the way, dd was born at 38w2d and was 7 pounds 14 ounces. For my family, that was not a big baby. Continue what you're doing, but talk to your doctor about possible water retention as well. Just because it isn't showing up in your urine yet doesn't mean you aren't developing pre-e.

Photobucket

Pages