Met with a midwife last night...

iVillage Member
Met with a midwife last night...
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 12:50pm

Can I just say wow?!

Last night we had our first "interview" with a midwife. I have NEVER been so excited in my entire life! She was the fifth midwife I had contaced via phone and the first one I interviewed. Over the phone, I had a feeling she was the right one for me...and boy was she ever! After meeting with her last night I not only feel like my decision to have a home birth has solidified but I will do ANYTHING to make it happen financially and my husband agrees! After she left, his sullen attitude lifted and he said that he wants nothing more than to have a home birth and he will do anything to make it happen. It was almost like it was exactly what he needed to become OK with this "oops".

I am so excited for this experience! My first two births weren't horrible but they weren't at all what I wanted. I was medicated with both of them, against my wishes. :smileysad: I was heavily pressured to get an epidural with my first and nubain with my second. Both of which, I regret. Medication is great and they are certainly there for a reason...but they are just not for me. With the epidural, I slept through most of my labor...I don't remember much. And with the nubain, I was so groggy, I couldn't see straight, and I didn't want anything to do with my baby when he was born. Aweful. This time I'll get to have my non-medicated birth...I'm thrilled! AND because my due date is SO close to Christmas (edd 12/22) I'll be home to celebrate. <3

I'm so elated with how things have turned out thus far. :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 1:11pm

i am so glad things are starting to work out for you! :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 8:23pm

That is wonderful! Typically, DH are scared to death of homebirths..... Sounds like he's excited too! Yipee!!!!

Photobucket