iVillage Member
MOTW: Jill/firstdogsnowbaby
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 11:39pm

Up this week is Jill!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 9:05am
How exciting to check on iV and see I'm MOTW....the little joys :)
Well I have 3 kiddos...Chloe-5, Oliver-3, Ella-3months
We have a dog & a cat & a few baby chicks as of last night who almost got made into nuggets! Raising them for eggs.
I LOVE to read when someone recommends a good book. I can't pick them out well. Last I read was Heaven is for real....any recommendations? I like when its one you literally can't stand to put down.
I have recently enjoyed cooking. I have to folliw a recipe though. Im not one to throw something amazing together without guidance.
I honestly love salads & chocolate of course!
I have one brother who is about 2 1/2 years older.
We live in a house.
I have never visited or lived in another country. I used to want to travel & never did. Ive never flown so now that Im grown Im scared to. Would love to cruise somewhere tropical one day maybe.
Ive not met anyone famous although my dads cousin is married to Peter Weller, the guy who played Robocop lol...and Ive never met him.
I enjoy sewing, being outside, running, baking.
In 5 years I hope to be done with school & working as an RN, maybe prepping for another LO :)
Id say Im a early evening person. Its hard to get motivated in the morn & Im so tired at night. I get this rush of gotta-get-it-done just after dinner.
I prefer taking pictures. Im not a make up girl but for pics I want to look nice so if I know ahead of time I dont mind.
Hmmmm....Id say Im a beach person. We basically live in the country, city is to busy. I really enjoy the laid back feeling at the beach!
I no longer work out of the home since Ellas birth. Used to work in childcare. Working on being a nurse one day.
I really enjoy the simple things about mommyhood. The moments when your kid says something so cute, or so smart you wonder where they got that or when they remind you of yourself. When baby first smiles and then each smile after makes your heart swell & your eyes well up with happy tears! Realizing its the little things in life that really do matter <3
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 9:09am

I really enjoyed reading your answers!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 10:10am
What type of nurse would you like to be?

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 12:05pm

My book club just finished "These Things Hidden." It's definitely one you can't put down but I wouldn't say I necessarily liked it, if that makes sense. It's pretty dark.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 12:29pm
I really don't think I have a specific genre of books. Just the good kind. I don't particularly like romance. Don't mind if its involved in the plot, just not the entire storyline. When I was younger I read the Srephanie Plum stuff by Janet Evanovich. I have read the Twilight series bc my SIL had them. I like a good mystery thats not to gory or scary. Def have to check Water for Elephants...Ive seen the movie The Help but books are better for me! I was thinking L & D for nursing but the farther I go in school different ideas cross my mind. L & D is always the top if my list though. I think whenever I start clinicals Ill get a feel for diff possibilities & hopefully decide.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 12:48pm
Have you read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon? It's romance but not. More adventure. One of the few books I've read that's all hyped up that lives up to it!
What type of cooking are you enjoying? Anything specific? I looooove to cook and bake. :) my Pinterest account is 90% recipes!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 5:30pm
Great answers! You need to fly! It beats long hours of driving hands down!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 10:50pm
I haven't read it....I'm digging these recommendations! As for cooking I do love to bake goodies & then eat them. Not so good when I just started working out to get back in good shape! If I wasnt such chicken dookie at this point Id fly but I am just that. We drove 11 hrs to take my kids to Disney just last weekend only! Left Fri after my hubs work, Disney Sat, back home Sun! Were nuts but had a great time!
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 11:22am
What's the story behind your screen ID, firstdogssnowbaby?
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 11:48am
Good question! It's simple though really. I got a dog when I was about 18 & was in love. After my hubs & I were married we got another. Our first kids :) Not long after the 2nd dog I got preg with Chloe. So its " first dogs now baby." Some see" first dog snow baby" which is funny bc my last prenatal appt was cancelled due to snow & Chloe was born just a few days later!

Pages