My cousin is due with her first baby on Jan 3rd & just found out...

iVillage Member
My cousin is due with her first baby on Jan 3rd & just found out...
Wed, 08-31-2011 - 10:47am

that what they were told a month ago was a baby boy is actually A GIRL!!

"Um...I dont know how to say this, but we are actually having a GIRL!!! I just found out first hand that ultrasound techs are not always correct...I hope they are right this time : )"

Apparantly they didn't read the 18 week sonogram accurately and told her boy but yesterday at her 3D/4D sonogram at 22 weeks they realized that she's actually carrying a girl. YIKES!!

I would be in absolute shock. I actually don't have any more scheduled sonograms, but I guess it's always a good idea to have a back-up name in the opposite sex just in case! Hope she didn't buy too many boy things ;)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
That happened to a friend of mine with her first baby. They told her girl and the morning of her baby shower she had another u/s done and it turned out to be a boy! Needless to say there was a lot of pink stuff going back to the store.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I've heard that it's more likely to have the u/s say boy and have a girl pop out. However, I know a girl who was told girl and she got surprised with a boy in the delivery room. Despite my intuition telling me boy, I am a little worried about decorating that nursery!
Photobucket
Community Leader

Oh, no!

iVillage Member

This scares me too, that a boy will pop out during delivery.

siggy spring Thank you beccamarie82 for the awes
iVillage Member
I had the same shocking story yesterday my dear... i am having a girl instead of a boy.
KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG