My dad announced my pregnancy on facebook.

iVillage Member
My dad announced my pregnancy on facebook.
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 1:33pm
So... My dad proceeded to announce the fact I'm pg on facebook last night. I'm annoyed about that because it's a bit early to be doing that... But Lord have mercy, DH's parents called literally screaming at us about it. There was shrieking and crying and all kinds of overreacting on their part (par for the course with them- they both have the maturity level of 12 year olds). We tried saying that even though we were irritated we weren't by any means mad about it... Then got screamed at for not being mad. We were informed WE should have been the ones to announce it- something we had no intention of doing anyway. We just kinda figured people would find out; we aren't going to be doing any big, attention-getting announcements.
So, everyone is angry, everyone is upset, and it leaves me sitting here going, I hate to be a diva, but does anyone care about ME in all this? Dad didnt ask if he could announce, he assumed. The in laws are screaming mimi and not caring how stressed this makes me (the same in laws who can't lift a finger to even get their own glass of water when in my house, even now that I'm pg- not exaggerating). My female boss is furious with me for having the audacity to be gestating spawn... Um hello? Hi, yeah, over here, the lady actually going through this exhausting, frightening, exciting experience. I exist.
Ugh. Thoughts? Anyone? Sorry this is so long and whiny.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 1:41pm

I would definitely be irritated too if I were you, both with your Dad and your ILs reaction.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 1:59pm
We pretty much plan on sticking to our guns on not doing our own announcement... Not a huge fan of that, personally. Not that others cant do it or I mind if they do, it's just not for me. Hubby tried multiple times to tell them to drop it and they wouldn't... This is basically a repeat of our wedding. When we were getting married I didn't even have a bridal shower or anything because my in laws and my own extended family were being so ridiculous and making everything about their problems and what they wanted... I will not be doing a baby shower for the same reason- I don't nees the stress. It's sad that I have to miss out on these fun things because of others' immaturity, and even more sad that adults feel the need to act in this manner.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 3:13pm

I am so so sorry you are having to go through this.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 5:02pm
I changed my profile awhile ago so noone could write anything on my facebook page, knowing people can't keep their mouth closed. I still haven't told one set of grandparents and I wouldn't want them finding out from someone else. And for dh side, ppppshhh they know what they can do lol