Name Poll

iVillage Member
Name Poll
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 10:43am

Just curious how many of us have names chosen already and how many are still "in the process"? lol

Pages

Community Leader
In reply to: kungfumanda
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 10:47am
Hi,

I had a baby in June and just wanted to say that I completely sympathize with you. We had knock-down, drag-out fights over names. So bad that I banned any member of our family from bringing the subject up. Every name I picked he axed and, just like your dh, didn't come up with any of his own suggestions (well good ones anyway). Luckily it was a battle over boy names and as soon as we found out we were having a girl, the fighting stopped. ;) But, I really do know what you're going through and just wanted to say that you're not alone (although I haven't found anyone I know that goes/went through this either, so it may just be me and you! lol).

Good luck!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 10:51am

No battles for us.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 11:02am
Well, that sucks. DH suggested a name and I ran with it-told my family, put it on FB and Olivia already calls the baby WIlliam. Now, he's not 100% on it but, IMO, it's too late to change. I'm totally willing to discuss the MN though.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 11:04am
No problem over here either. Had the names picked out before we knew the gender. I came up with the girl name and dh came up with the boy name. Which of course is his name. DH got lucky because we are having a boy. So RJ with be a 3rd. Lol his nick name is picked out already because his dad name is long and we call him Rico for short. So I will call my son RJ.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 11:20am
I'm with you. My husband hates all the boys names I have picked, going as far as too say they are too wimpy this that and the other. He does like Joshua, which isn't my fave but the name will most likely be a compromise as was DS name when we named him. The best part is that these men can't come up with any of their own lists. Ugh!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 11:23am
Sounds like you need a middle man or something! Is there someone partial who can sit in with you during the process to make sure that the discussion doesn't get heated?
With my first, I totally chose the name. I suggested Ian and my first husband said, "okay that sounds good" and that was that. Well, this time my second DH & I came up with tons of names, but never really came to anything firm until we did finally find out that we're having a boy.
I will admit that I conceeded and even though I'm not so crazy about the name that DH wants, I'm okay with it, it's growing on me and he's letting me choose the middle name.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 5:34pm

I have never had issues with this either. With Makenzie, when we found out she was a girl I basically told my DH at the time, her name will be Makenzie Renee and he didn't dispute.

With our son JJ, we knew he would be a JR. Something I wish now I could change. What's done is done though and we hardly ever call him Justin, its always JJ.

With Nate my DH said Nathan Alexander and I fell in love. In fact I was going to name JJ Alexander and call him Alex (my DH at the time was a huge a$$ and we were having NOTHING but issues once makenzie turned about 1, I left him, he begged me to come back, I did, got pg with JJ and things got 100% worse so we were separated from the time I was pg with JJ and he was refusing to come to his birth so I told him if he wasn't there for his sons birth he would not be a JR - obviously he made it) so I was in love with that name.

Any how, I knew Addie was going to be a girl even before we started TTC so while DH was in Iraq I started bouncing girls names off of him, which none of them he liked, he is very stubborn (we did agree on Brenleigh Rae, Rae is his grandmother and mothers middle name but I just wasn't settled with it so I kept looking). One day he called and said how about Adelaide Vivian (Vivian is his grandmothers name)?? I fell in love and that was it!! So while my DH never likes any of the names I give him, he picks names as well and I always love them!! He's a good baby name picker. :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 6:49pm
We originally both loved the name Ryker and decided on that but then changed our minds when people kept telling us they thought of the prison in NY. We went over the top 1000 names, made a list and then picked from there. Then one day I found the name August and he seemed into it so we've been calling him that since. DH said it's still not official yet, but it might as well be :)
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 12:57am
Well...thanks for the sympathy. lol

I hope to join you already namers soon, but it isn't looking promising.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 3:19am

Yah me too.

Photobucket

<

Pages