Not holding my breath but, SO EXCITED AND HAPPY...

iVillage Member
Not holding my breath but, SO EXCITED AND HAPPY...
Thu, 07-21-2011 - 8:06pm

So DH got the phone call today that his paperwork (medical paperwork to get out of the Army) came in today!! He has an appointment tomorrow at 2 to find out exactly what the Army is planning. Most likely will be to just let him go as he is non-deployable at this point, so they really can't use him for anything, OR they will keep him in till he term is up, he just will most likely not be allowed to deploy any more. I am so excited because I'm SURE they are going to just let him go, which means we will be FREE in 90 days and back home. Just in time for us to hopefully get settled before miss Adelaide gets here. I will admit it is a bit scary going back into the "real world" as well but I just can't wait to be FREE!!! :) I also can't wait to be home, we miss our family so much and I also really wanted to be home for Addies birth so my mom could be there with us. She has been there with all of births and I would be so sad if she didn't make it to Addies.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
That is so exciting! I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys that it all works out. Does he have some ideas for what kind of work he wants to do when you guys get back home?
iVillage Member

He has no idea, he is going back to college (since the 3 degrees he has seem to be worthless) and doing something he really enjoys. I think he is kinda looking into working at a power plant (he has before and loved it) or with his dad (while enrolled in online college), honestly though, I think he will jump on just about anything that has any interest so hes not sitting at home, lol. We'll see. With going back to school though, he will continue to get our BAH (basic allowance for housing) and we will get it for the area he is enrolled in college in, so he is going to try to get into a San Francisco online college because that will be 2700.00+ alone in BAH, then the Army and the VA will continue to pay him a %age of his base pay because he is getting out on medical terms, also he is allowed up to 2 years of unemployment, which he will definitely be getting right away but is hoping for not long. He is one that likes to be out and keeping busy not hanging out at home.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
That would be great! Lots of Pt's that it happens for you guys:)
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member
Fingers and toes crossed it all works out!

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member

Aww, that is great. I sure hope it works out that way for you and yall are able to head home together soon.

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member

Wow, great news....finger crossed for you guys!!!!

iVillage Member
Definitely keep us posted! That is so exciting for you guys and I really hope you get to be settled in back in Cali before she makes her arrival!

Photobucket

iVillage Member

That is such great news!

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
strawberrywild wrote:

That is such great news!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
My fingers are crossed for you!
Photobucket