Not necessarily true about pregnancy...

iVillage Member
Not necessarily true about pregnancy...
Thu, 07-21-2011 - 10:59pm
So this is my second pregnancy and once again my skin looks worse than it ever has. It seems like every time I get pregnant I break put really bad, not just on my face but my chest too. I just read something about how "by now you probably have that pregnant glow", um no I have pregnant zits! So I was wondering what other things that are supposedly "true" about pregnancy don't hold up for you.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-21-2011 - 11:31pm

Oh, I feel your pain.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 5:35am
I go from having great long nails in the first trimester back to brittle short, peeling nails in the second. And there's no pregnancy glow!
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 9:52am
I feel you on the zits! They aren't horrible, but they are definitely worse than when I'm not pregnant. And annoying as all get-out. Happened with my first pregnancy too. I'd really prefer to have that "glow", lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 10:50am
My hair and nails are not growing and I have bumps on my cheeks. I don't know if I should call them acne or not because they are not like anything I've ever had. They seem worse if I get too hot or am out in the sun. I am, however, seeing plenty of the adverse pregnancy symptoms.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 10:57am
i have my moms awesome german skin loL so usually im clear and never have ANY zits or pimples or anything, even through high school my girl friends were always asking what the hell i was using, BUT during pregnancy i look like what a normal 16 year old girl in high school should look like loL im not used to it and it sucks, what glow?? the only glow i get is when im done barfing my arse of in the bathroom loL
pregnancy
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 11:38am
LOL I feel you on the zits, I'm the same. I never get them but I have them on my chest & back and have been getting them on my face too :(

As far as other pregnancy myths, I know I haven't been having any weird cravings, no pickles and ice cream desires here! Same thing in regards to appetite, I'm certainly not eating for two. In fact for the most part, I'm eating about the same as before (and sometimes less because I don't feel well).
Photobucket

Community Leader
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 1:41pm

I think the pregnant glow is a misnomer for the pregnant shine, as your pores begin oozing oil (the ones that aren't clogged, at least).

For me, it's the sleek, shiny, healthy hair.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 4:42pm

well i sure dont have that beautiful "pregnant hair" in fact mine is falling out! i asked my dr and he said that can be normal? i was like ummmmm ok? the bad part is im a hairdresser! lol

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 8:58pm
My hair fell out with my last pregnancy but not until after I had my son. It was horrible! It was a lot of hair right around my face and then when it grew back (since I have curly hair) was all fuzzy like a mane. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen again this time.
Photobucket