Not spectacularly happy after bra measurement today!

iVillage Member
Not spectacularly happy after bra measurement today!
Fri, 12-02-2011 - 11:18pm
So... I'm naturally very large up top. Normally a 34D-DD. about a month ago I started noticing my DD bras getting tight. Then they started cutting in at the cup. So, I go in today to a specialty store thinking I've gone up ONE size. Try 36G. Oh. My. Gosh. Was then informed by the store owner (and she told me this even though it would cause her to lose $$ from me not buying anything but bras from her) that nursing camis... Won't really work because I'm so big up top yet still have a waist even pregnant. When I asked her well what do I do then she laughed and said buttondowns and henleys will be my friends. Sigh. I kinda feel a bit like a mutant right now lol
iVillage Member
Oh i'm right there with you before pregnancy i was a 32D. I just got fitted for nursing bra's I'm at a 36H, and I'm still 2.5 weeks out from my due date and the woman told me they might grow some more. I'm terried if they get any bigger!

If you go to a destination maternity store (also known as Motherhood or a pea in the pod) they have nursing bras that go up to 40H and the bras are reasonably priced $25-$40. The one I bought hold them up!
iVillage Member

My breasts got really big after my second baby...probably in the same range that you are now.

iVillage Member
Well glad to know I'm not a total weirdo... Lol
Community Leader

One of the girls on the board when I was pg with DS2 ended up as a 34H.

iVillage Member

I hate to say this, but you might want to wait before buying many new ones b/c ususally once your milk comes in they will get even bigger.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I am going to need a lift or something after all this! It's ridiculous.
iVillage Member
I'm right there with you...SO annoying! I'm looking forward to having a reduction now that we will be done having kids!