Not sure if this has been brought up already but lets talk NAMES!

iVillage Member
Not sure if this has been brought up already but lets talk NAMES!
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 11:28am

So ever since I found out I was pregnant I started thinking names! Now that I know we're having a girl I am set on the name Olivia, I absolutely love it, but I'm still trying to sway DH into liking it. If this baby was a boy then his name would have been Connor, which we were both dead set on, so when we found out it was a girl I was kind of disappointed because I love the name we had picked out for a boy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member

well since we were ttc we were thinking names! loL we like brooke, madison, hailey and alexia, i love audrina also but he doesnt, he likes audrey and i dont understand why we cant just name her audrina and call her audrey :P but anyways, not set on those names, alot are still coming and going, we're waiting to find out the sex before we really went hard on picking one name,
for boys we like hunter, tanner. i like many more but these are the ones we agreed on :)

pregnancy
iVillage Member
We had Kendall Rayne for a girl but I was pushing hard for Halo Rayne... however, my lil nugget is a boy.

I wasn't going to share, but eh whatever ;)

So for boy names we have
Grayson Paul
Jaxon Paul
Holton Paul
Hudson Paul
Keaton Paul
Keegan Paul or Keagan Paul
Colton Paul
Dawson Paul
Julian Paul
Preston Paul or Prestyn Paul
Jonathan Paul
Brennan Paul
Corbin Paul
Nolan Paul
Justin Paul
Nathan Paul
Kian Paul

Yea, I know it's a long list, but that's what we're currently working with - and btw the first two are currently our two top favs, but we're not ruling out any of the rest just yet. And we're still taking suggestions as well!!!

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Dh already vetoed my two current favs Langston for a boy and Presley for a girl. I'm hoping he changes his mind but it is unlikely. I'm not going to delve into name obsession til we find out gender....then there will only be 1/2 as many for dh to shoot down lol
iVillage Member

YAY, another momma like me, who seems to like boy names with the hard N at the end. We have Justin and Nathan and if this is a boy he will be Jackson or Jaxon. :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member

We were TTC for a good year an a half so we have our names picked out. :) I resisted to tell the girls name for a long time because when I was part of the Nov 10 board I said the name and someone took it after I lost the baby, not sure if it happened on the June 11 board but I also said it there. Now that I know this little one is making it :) I guess I feel ok saying it lol.

Girl: Adelaide Vivian.

Boy: Jackson Edward.

I go back and forth between Jackson and Jaxon for the spelling though, I feel like Jackson is so long compared to our boys names (even though its only 1 letter more lol), but then again DH is Jack and his grandpa is Jackson who we are naming him after so that makes me want to keep the traditional spelling. Edward is my Papa. That's how we came up with the boy name.

Vivian is DHs grandmother who passed recently and was a huge part of DHs life growing up, she helped his mother raise him. So our daughter will get her name. Adelaide is just a name that DH said to me while he was deployed and we knew we were going to TTC when he got home and I feel in love with it. That's how her name came about :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I love Adelaide Vivian...it sounds so sophisticated. I prefer the traditional spelling of Jackson, but I have been seeing more Jaxon lately.
iVillage Member
Liz - Olivia is very pretty. Is it popular where you are? I hear it a lot the past couple of years. Hope you can persuade dh over to your way of thinking!
iVillage Member
kungfumanda wrote:
I love Adelaide Vivian...it sounds so sophisticated. I prefer the traditional spelling of Jackson, but I have been seeing more Jaxon lately.

I love that when she is little we can call her Addie, and then she will grow nicely into Adelaide as an adult. I think we are going to go with the traditional spelling of Jackson, so that we can then call him Baby Jack ;)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I prefer traditional names and spellings to the more original creations that are so popular right now. Maybe that has something to do with growing up Sunni in the Jennifer era. My DD's name, Olivia, was chosen in high school when I fell in love with it. It kills me that it's in the top 10 because I'd prefer to avoid those names, too. However, I wasn’t walking away from my long time favorite name just because it is popular.

We don’t have a girl name yet but it probably won’t matter since I just know it’s a boy-lol. I love the sound of our boy name but hate that it sounds like I had royal wedding fever. I didn’t even watch 1 second of it and my husband came up with the name. (Can you tell I’m super paranoid about it?) I also don’t’ like any of the nicknames that can be made from it but to say the whole name sounds so formal. Anyway, our boy name is William Ramsey. Ramsey is a family name and it’s also my husband’s middle name.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sunni - I don't think you have to worry about people thinking you had royal wedding fever. William has had steady popularity for decades. I think it is a very nice, traditional name. I also love the nn Will. Now if you name your next child Charles you are busted! ;)

Pages