Nursery update. :)

iVillage Member
Nursery update. :)
Sat, 09-03-2011 - 4:48pm
The baby room was basically a storage closet for awhile with the baby crib boxed and the dresser in there along with the old bed and nightstand... We had to move the old dresser and 2nd nightstand in the garage! Also had other miscellaneous crap.... Well, today Salvation Army came and took away all the old bedroom furniture as well as almost all the useless stuff in the garage! So now the room is empty except for baby stuff, I used my carpet steamer in there, and I am so excited! Now hubby just needs to put the crib together, and all that will be left will be to get the mattress, wash everything, and put it all away. :)
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-03-2011 - 5:59pm
Yay for progress!!!!!!

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-03-2011 - 11:58pm

Yay for progress!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 8:54am
We focused on the baby room this weekend! Yesterday, we painted the room a mint/sage green that I plan to accent with chocolate brown and later with either girl pink or boy blue.

DH also assembled the crib, changing table and installed a new ceiling fan in the room.

This is seeming so real now :)
Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 11:41am
I cleaned out the playroom/my office and intend to paint the base coat today. I'm doing the yellow today and then adding green squares later in the week! I bought an 8x10 rug for Olivia's room and will move her 5x7 rug over to the baby's room. It's light cream. I also have to shop for curtains this week.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 1:03pm
You all sound sooooo organized! lol Our nursery room doesnt have too terribly much of a theme... The furniture is a cinnamon-ish oak, and the bedding/wall art etc is the whole Jill Mcdonald "adorable dinos" collection. Other than that, carpet and walls are just neutral. I love the colors you ladies are doing in your rooms! We would like to move to a cooler and safer state (we live in AZ now) sometime in the next couple years, so we're trying hard to keep as much in the house neutral as we can... No fun for me!
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-05-2011 - 7:08pm
Well, the light yellow of my vision is a little brighter. It went on lemon yellow and really had me worried but dried a little lighter. It took till 12:30 to cover all the pink. I didn't prime because it wasn't that dark of a pink and the paint was premium grade. I had pain shooting through my feet till 2-ugh! We went to the county fair today and I walked for almost 5 hours so I'm going to be really sore tomorrow. I'm glad to take break from painting for a couple days but will be happy to finish it up this week so I can start decorating.
Photobucket