Okay call me crazy... has anyone else bought anything?

iVillage Member
Okay call me crazy... has anyone else bought anything?
Sat, 05-21-2011 - 5:24pm

So I was being very good about not buying anything for the new baby until I found out if it is a boy or girl.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I have been good and only looked, of course with the SCH, I am not sure everything will be fine. I say go at it, have fun and enjoy yourself. If nothing else, you can give the stuff as a present?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I only got a little shirt that's blue white green and orange that says hello my name is trouble.
iVillage Member

Well, maybe wishful thinking on my part...but, I bought several boy outfits, a pack of sleepers, pack of onesies, and some little blue socks!

Michelle due 2/12/10 w/#4

iVillage Member
I'm scared to buy anything gender specific. My gut is saying I'm having a girl. It took my mother to have three girls to finally get her boys. What I'm thinking about for my baby shower is to let everyone know were not finding out the gender and to also buy one thing gender specific if they think I'm having a girl or boy. That way I will have some stuff when he or she is born.
iVillage Member
I got a nursing bra, but it was free. My mom was buying a bra and it was bogo free, so she let me pick out a bra. I got a $40 wonder bra, nursing bra for free!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
I bought a winnie the pooh beige blankie (security object/lovey) and bought 2 so one could be washed. DS had a yellow one and DD had a green one. I picked up some breastfedding supplies and green pacifiers. Also a blanket and crib bumper in off white.
iVillage Member
Im waiting til we find out gender. My two fav places to shop for baby stuff have horrible return policies. I will just keep plotting til we find out. Lol
iVillage Member

I have a 75gal tub FULL of GIRL clothes. I just can't stop myself. They are all 0-6 months, mostly 0-3 months though. Insane I know but like I said I can't help myself. BTW, I didn't get all this recently. I have been buying since we started trying and even before, soo... I figure if this baby winds up being a boy, then I can just sell everything and get boy stuff. I have gotten some boy things as well, just not nearly as much. :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sarah - I mean this in a loving way...but that is INSANE! lol I thought I was bad about shopping too much! I hope you have a girl! If you do she will have a different outfit to wear each day. lol
iVillage Member

LOL, I know but I have just always kinda known I would have a 4th and it would be a girl. Just something I *KNOW* (hopefully I'm right) so when I see a baby girl outfit that I love I have to have it, I tell myself "they wont have it when I find out and I can sell it if its a boy". That's how I rationalize with myself and DH to make it ok that I'm buying lol!!! But yes, I am. I haven't only gotten clothes lol. We have all the furniture, bedding/nursery set, car seat, bassinet, boppy, my breast pump (that was the first thing we got because its $$$ and I knew that was one of the really important things), cloth diapers. I know there is more, I'm just forgetting. Everything except the clothes is very gender neutral. We still need to get the swing (which will also be gender neutral) we want the fisher price bunny one, a bouncy seat/papasan that matches the swing, the stroller, hmmm... So yeah I have also gotten important things. I figured since I knew we were TTC and would eventually have a baby, why not start buying something every pay period. Its worked out great and now we wont have all this stuff to buy at once.

Photobucket