Older Siblings - Are they sleeping well?

iVillage Member
Older Siblings - Are they sleeping well?
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 12:36am

I noticed that a lot of us have little ones at home and I was just wondering how everyone is doing with being pregnant and raising the siblings.

I have a 6 year old who is an absolutely wonderful sleeper! Always has been.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 8:42am

Our son just turned 2 the end of May and he's not a great sleeper either.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 9:15am
Nope I haven't slept through the night in almost 5 years
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
Community Leader
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 1:39pm
DS1 has been sleeping through the night since he was two months old. DS2, on the other hand, turned one yesterday and still wakes up. He finally stopped yelling for me, and just kicks or bounces his feet for a little while until he falls back to sleep. Then he wakes up at 5 or 6 and wants to nurse, then goes back to sleep again.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 9:49am
My DS is almost 21 months old, and he doesn't really sleep through the night either. Very seldom does he not wake up during the night. Most of the time he will wake anywhere from 1 to 4 times a night. And lucky me, I'm the one that gets to go in to him when he does wake up....DH doesn't ever hear him cry, and I figure "why wake him up too". So I let him sleep at night and he gets up with DS in the mornings. But it is hard to not get a full night's sleep on a regular basis, especially while pregnant (excluding the nightly bathroom wakings, lol).
Although, my DS has done quite a bit better since we switched him to a toddler bed instead of a crib (funny thing is, though, the bed is the same, we just took one side of the crib off and put up a bedrail and are using the same mattress....). In fact, last night and Monday night he didn't wake me up at all! I'm hoping this becomes a trend and not just a couple of flukes, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 6:34pm
My dd is 3 and is a good sleeper for the most part. The only thing she does that does sometimes get annoying is if she wakes up in the middle of the night she will come climb in bed with us. This happens at least 1/2 the time. We only have a queen bed and with my dh (who is 6'5"), me, dd and the dog at the foot of the bed you wake up feeling like a sardine, or with no blanket or 1/2 falling off. Not exactly restful sometimes.