Paci Clip

iVillage Member
Paci Clip
Sat, 07-16-2011 - 9:27pm

Where is the best place to clip the pacifier clip to when the baby is sleeping in the crib?

Mine will be arriving in the mail in a few days and wanted to know which is the best and safest way.

Any other tips on helping my 9 month old sleep through the night to self soothe and get off the bottle at night would be great too! he only gets up once now to drink around 6oz then he will happily go back to sleep but I am concerned for his teeth as he has 8 teeth already.

iVillage Member
In reply to: jwmark
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 12:24am
Well, the straps are pretty short, so I always clipped it to the sleeve, but now that I think about it, I don't think I ever used it in the crib. I think if they roll over on it the hard plastic part will poke them. I guess if baby always sleeps on back you could clip to the front.
iVillage Member
In reply to: jwmark
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 3:48pm

I'd have to say I don't have any experience with the paci thing, but I'd sure be scared of it being a choking hazard. As far as getting your older infant to self soothe, good luck. I have one awesome sleeper and one that took over a year to sttn consistently. Your baby is still young and once a night isn't too bad imo. For my daughter I let her cry, and it didn't last long and she is an awesome sleeper, I didn't have that option with my son. (shared room, would wake sister, etc)

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !